Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Technics SL-QD33 turntable. (Read 1626 times) previous topic - next topic

Technics SL-QD33 turntable.

Dear All,
in the recent past I have decided to have an "old type" hi-fi stereo… and especially to have AGAIN a turntable. :)
Now my "creation" is as follows:
° ampli: Technics SU-V45A
° equalizer: Technics SH-8055
° turntable: Technics SL-QD33 with new cartridge Audio Technica AT 311 EP T4P
° speakers: Eltax (I cannot remember now the exact type… not the best in the world but they sound fair)
The system sounds quite well but I have a "stupid" issue…
The turntable is… bigger than the ampli or the equalizer.. the foot are barely in the shape of the ampli… do you have any idea on how to have the turntable "well-aligned" to the ampli below? I could put two wood bases on the sides to connect the front and rear feet but I would like to hear other ideas…
Thank you

Re: Technics SL-QD33 turntable.

Reply #1
You could just put a flat board on top of the amp (about the size of the turntable).  You might need some rubber feet so it doesn't wobble, and  also to give air space if there are any vents on top of the amp.   Or, you could make an inverted U-shaped riser.