Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Java MP3/Ogg Vorbis Player (jlGui 2.2 !) (Read 13054 times) previous topic - next topic

Java MP3/Ogg Vorbis Player (jlGui 2.2 !)

jlGui is a 100% JAVA graphical music player based on JavaSound 1.0 (i.e. JDK 1.3+). It supports WAV, AU, AIFF, MP3 and OGG VORBIS audio formats. User Interface is WinAmp skins 2.0 compliant. It provides M3U support (Playlist).
http://www.javazoom.net/jlgui/jlgui.html

Reply #1
This player sure looks cute !

I haven't tried it yet, but since I like both signal processing and Java, I've had a look at a few files from jorbis-0.0.12.jar (a library that it uses). Couldn't believe what I saw, ie: unreadable code. Most files didn't have a single comment line in it, reminds me of bad programming practices 15 years ago. How could a stranger possibly understand it ? 

Fortunately the player sources look much better..  pheeeew 

Regards

Reply #2
I really like the idea of a crossplatform Java Media Player and it even seems reasonably fast on a PII-300 (it's running while I'm typing this/installed via Java Web Start in seconds).
Is JavaLayer the only free MP3 decoding library for Java or are there others available (JMF)?

dev0
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #3
As far as I know, it's the only one. MP3 support has been removed from JMF for legal/licensing reasons. However, Javasound might include MP3 support in TIGER (J2SE 1.5).

Reply #4
Yes mp3 support was removed from JMF a while back. If you can get an older version of JMF its still there not that it makes much of a difference, VBR support was completely broken anyway. I developed a media player a long time ago using JMF instead of  javasound and mp3 playback would randomly stop in the middle of the song. Sun acknowledged it was an issue but obviously it was never resolved.

Reply #6
Great job! 

If there is anyone out there who is able to help me install this , you help will be appreciated, its not that i didnt install it it just that for some reason i cant get it to read the playlist, please  help anyone

neil@pureviberadio.com
www.pureviberadio.com

Reply #7
When I try to install in windows I get

The file is in system32...

Is there something java based for mobile devices that supports ogg and FLAC?

Reply #8

All it's telling you is you're missing a system file, it's rather odd that you'd be missing msvcr71.dll since it's commonly used. In any event you may be able to download it from a website that deals with missing files, as this Google search turns up a few.

Reply #9

All it's telling you is you're missing a system file, it's rather odd that you'd be missing msvcr71.dll since it's commonly used. In any event you may be able to download it from a website that deals with missing files, as this Google search turns up a few.

The file msvcr71.dll is in system32...

Oh I forgot to mention I'm on WinXP x64.

Reply #10
No one knows?
IS XP x64 supported?

Reply #11
Is it possible to run this player on SAMSUNG X700 mobile phone with Java MIDP 2.0 on board?

Reply #12
Made the switch to Windows 2003.
Install worked, but uninstall doesn't work.
Maybe because of the Java Runtime Environment version 1.6.0.3 ?

Reply #13
Any pointer for a Java MIDP application, to play on my mobile phone?

Reply #14
Can anyone tell me how to uninstall this piece of c**p?
I have Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0.3 installed.

see these pics: