Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to build an executable from SDK/foobar2000/foo_sample? (Read 3277 times) previous topic - next topic

How to build an executable from SDK/foobar2000/foo_sample?

Using a trial version of Visual Studio 2010 and the instructions here http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=767596 I was able to get  SDK/foobar2000/foo_sample to compile under Debug mode for Win32.

Here's the last few lines from the Output of Visual Studio

5>  Generating Code...
5>Link:
5>    Creating library C:\Users\me\Desktop\SDK\foobar2000\foo_sample\Debug\foo_sample.lib and object C:\Users\me\Desktop\SDK\foobar2000\foo_sample\Debug\foo_sample.exp
5>LinkEmbedManifest:
5>  foo_sample.vcxproj -> C:\Users\me\Desktop\SDK\foobar2000\foo_sample\Debug\foo_sample.dll
5>FinalizeBuildStatus:
5>  Deleting file "Debug\foo_sample.unsuccessfulbuild".
5>  Touching "Debug\foo_sample.lastbuildstate".
5>
5>Build succeeded.
5>
5>Time Elapsed 00:00:07.09
========== Build: 5 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I dug around C:\Users\me\Desktop\SDK\foobar2000\foo_sample\Debug but I was unable to find an executable.  I was under the impression that building foo_sample would result in an executable that would run foobar_sample.

How do I go about building an executable for foo_sample (I'm new to visual studio and c++ and would really appreciate a play-by-play?)

EDIT

I tried the same with with Release mode for Win32 and checked the C:\Users\me\Desktop\SDK\foobar2000\foo_sample\Release folder but I did not see an .exe file

How to build an executable from SDK/foobar2000/foo_sample?

Reply #1
The SDK is for making components (plugins) for the foobar2000 application. Put them in your foobar2000 profile's user_components/foo_whatever directory.
You can point Project Properties -> Debugging -> Executable to your foobar2000.exe to launch it from the debugger.
Stay sane, exile.