Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_shpeck (Read 726303 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #600
Seems like, when Shpeck is embedded in UI and has focus, it interferes "mouse wheel: scroll object below pointer" option
Is this known?
Can be resolved?

I was thinking also, is windowed mode preferred over UI embedding? Because when foobar is minimized and then restored Shpeck element reinitializes, loosing info displays and chosen preset for example

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #601
Foobar 1.1 beta breaks Shpeck.

It seems that using a relative path (.) to the plugins directory
no longer works on foobar 1.1

In my case, the Winamp plugins like AVS and Milkdrop 2 gets detected,
but when I open a Shpeck window or 'configure' the plugins, it says that
it could not load the DLL.

- Using an absolute path to the directory fixes it.
- I have tested it on a fresh install of foobar w/ only shpeck installed
as a 3rd party component.
- And yes, the latest version of Milkdrop 2 that comes w/ Winamp 5.58
does not work. Older Milkdrop 2 versions work fine.
- Some AVS presets namely the ones made by 'NemoOrange' crashes
Shpeck/AVS/foobar when 'Pixel Doubling' is enabled on the AVS preferences.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #602
I'm currently using the modified Milkdrop 2 package that was uploaded here, with foobar2000 1.1 beta 2.  No problems.

I'm using a portable foobar install, with a fake winamp.exe in the main directory, and a plugins subdirectory containing Milkdrop 2.

Link to modded Milkdrop 2?

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=712461

Awesome! Thanks for re-posting it!  Milkdrop is about the only visualization I run on a regular basis.  Desktop mode rocks!  (Now if only I could figure out a way of making milkdrop display properly on both screens of a dual head set-up, instead of just one or the other...)

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #603
Everything was working great, then suddenly today as soon as I run foobar2000 it crashes. I've narrowed it down to shpeck plugin. When I don't have shpeck setup in the options foobar2000 works fine. As soon as I setup shpeck and restart foobar2000, shpeck is causing foobar2000 to crash. I then tried the modified milkdrop 2.1 files and foobar2000 minimizes to the tray and won't crash but as soon as I bring up the foobar2000 window, foobar2000 crashes. I tried my previous 1.0 setup and both my 1.1 setup and a fresh install. I am using the xchange theme but that shouldn't be causing the problem should it? Any ideas?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #604
guess I can't edit my own post, but I loaded up my laptop and ran the same foobar2000 config and it also gave the same error something about not being able to load more than 1 instance of the shpeck plugin or something like that. Only difference is that it didn't crash on my laptop, shpeck when white then loaded itself like normal. My computer in my post above I installed directx and its partially working, when foobar2000 starts the shpeck plugin takes the entire screen and I have to hit esc key to get it to be normal. I'm too tired to look for the option to not make it run like that but maybe someone will tell me so when I look tomorrow it will make things easier. Thanks.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #605
I am unable to get IPC_SETVOLUME working while using shpeck.  The following is in c#:
SendMessage(hwnd, WM_WA_IPC, iVolume, IPC_SETVOLUME);

Now, before you go asking me questions about the code itself, I must point out that my function works correctly with both the official version of Winamp and with both the other emulation plugins (foo_winamp_ipc and foo_winamp_spam).  I am using foobar v1.1 and foo_vis_shpeck 0.3.7.  I enjoy the increased functionality of Shpeck in comparison to the other two (both being outdated) plugins; however, IPC_SETVOLUME is a deal breaker for me.  My program needs it to function properly and I would appreciate if I could get a response/fix.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #606
Yeah, it's broken, thanks for pointing out.

Unfortunately the old 0.3.7 codebase is long lost and the next version code is in a completely messy state and waiting for my time - so I can't just roll out a new version.

What's your use case? Would a simple binary patch be enough for you for the time being?
Code: [Select]
  Offset     foo_vis_shpeck.dll.orig   foo_vis_shpeck.dll 
----------- ------------------------- --------------------
0001B91Eh             7Dh                     EBh        
1 differences total.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #607
It is indeed enough | thanks

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #608

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #609
I just switched back to foobar from Aimp. First thing I looked for was a way to get better visualizations into foobar. I found foo_vis_shpeck and wow, it's really amazing. Nice to have milkdrop in foobar.

Still, I miss some of the Aimp visualizations, especially Rabbit Hole 1.1. I thought this might be a good place to ask. Is there anyway to play Aimp visualizations (.svp Sonique files) through shpeck? If not, then is there any other foobar plugin that can do this?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #610
- And yes, the latest version of Milkdrop 2 that comes w/ Winamp 5.58
does not work. Older Milkdrop 2 versions work fine.

I'm not seeing Milkdrop in the plugins list in prefs, only AVS. Wiki says to check for NSCRT.DLL but this DLL does not exist in my winamp install dir.. Anyone got any ideas? What's the most recent version of winamp that has a working Milkdrop2? I'm trying an older version of winamp (5.35) to see if it helps.. It's just installed Milkdrop 1 tho..

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #613
note that even though the 556 installer reports youre installing 555, it is truly 556 youre installing

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #614
Latest version of MilkDrop 2.22 package for foobar2000 is ready.

Change log (Winamp 5.59 Full Beta 3033):
* Fixed: [vis_milk2] Unicode issues with presets editor (5.58-specific)
* Fixed: [vis_milk2] sprites.ini file lookup fix

Note: Before anybody will complain again - yes, it's on RapidShare. If you have problem with that please feel free to upload it to any other file provider yourself.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #616
Note: Before anybody will complain again - yes, it's on RapidShare. If you have problem with that please feel free to upload it to any other file provider yourself.

Since I was the one who complained last time, I think it's my responsibility to post. My point/suggestion/overreaction was made at that time; I don't need to get into it again. If that's your preferred filehost, then that is your prerogative. Apologies for making a larger deal about it than it probably is.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #617
Latest version of MilkDrop 2.22 package for foobar2000 is ready.

Change log (Winamp 5.59 Full Beta 3033):
* Fixed: [vis_milk2] Unicode issues with presets editor (5.58-specific)
* Fixed: [vis_milk2] sprites.ini file lookup fix

Downloaded the file twice and both times I get several errors with unpacking saying something like "Unknown method in Winamp\plugins\....
Is the file corrupted or am I doing something wrong ?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #618
Worked fine for me; unpacked using 7zip.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #620
I downloaded the file again and tried it with PowerArchiver and 7zip as well and get the errors again.
7zip says "unsuppported compression method".
I don't understand what is wrong.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #621
I got that error too using 7 zip.  It looks like everything unzipped.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #622
I downloaded the file again and tried it with PowerArchiver and 7zip as well and get the errors again.
7zip says "unsuppported compression method".
I don't understand what is wrong.

I just downloaded it again, and still no problems with PowerArchiver.  It not only extracted fine, but it also tested with no errors.  I don't know what to tell you.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #623
I see in 7-Zip's compression method column = ID 21 which means LZMA2. This method is supported since 7-Zip v9.04 beta, so trying to extract this archive with earlier versions (as 4.65 for example) would provide the error messages as mentioned I assume.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #624
I see in 7-Zip's compression method column = ID 21 which means LZMA2. This method is supported since 7-Zip v9.04 beta, so trying to extract this archive with earlier versions (as 4.65 for example) would provide the error messages as mentioned I assume.

That did the trick. Many thanks !