Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AC3 to WAV 7.1/5.1 on the fly (Read 6674 times) previous topic - next topic

AC3 to WAV 7.1/5.1 on the fly

Alright I have a Logitech G35 Gaming Headset, It does 7.1 surround sound but it cannot produce surround sound while using Dolby Digital AC3 and DTS files.  It connects through USB I tested files using MPC and WMP.  Multichannel WAV or WMA seems to play the surround fine on the headset.

What I want to do is run my MKV movies through some filter that takes the ac3 or dts audio from the MKV and plays it back as a WAV or WMA on the fly.

Any help?

Would "AC3 Filter" help?  What settings would I use

AC3 to WAV 7.1/5.1 on the fly

Reply #1
It seems you're using a DirectShow player (which?). Do you know which decoders or other filters are you using? I recommend not using codec packs, right now you can deal with most content with LAV Filters. I recommend madVR as well but that's beside the point (video renderer, nothing to do with your problem). If you just want one player that does it all, VLC is a good choice. (And yes, AC3 Filter will solve your problem, but also probably the decoder you're using right now, only that you haven't configured it correctly.)