Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Install Disaster! (Read 3008 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Install Disaster!

Hi all,

I'm brand new here and chose a username based on my initial experience with the foobar player.

I can get into the library and view my components, but can't do nuttin with them!

All I ask is to be walked, step by step, into getting everything straightened out.  My OS is Windows Vista and I have plenty of memory.

Thanks in advance!

Foobar Install Disaster!

Reply #1
All I ask is to be walked, step by step, into getting everything straightened out.

How about you start reading a bit first, especially the Wiki and then come and ask some specific questions. If you can't make the time, chances are, somebody else can't either - we're all volunteers.

Foobar Install Disaster!

Reply #2
All I ask is to be walked, step by step, into getting everything straightened out.

How about you start reading a bit first, especially the Wiki and then come and ask some specific questions. If you can't make the time, chances are, somebody else can't either - we're all volunteers.

I figured out a "go-around":  I removed the components from the component folder via windows and copied them to an external folder on my desktop.  I then imported them back in and they are all active.  The problem with the Dynamic range meter is that it expired back in 2011 - basically that whole pleasurizemusic website hasn't been touched since 2011, so I guess I missed the bus on the DR meter!

Foobar Install Disaster!

Reply #3
Does version 1.1.1 not work? It still does for me.

Foobar Install Disaster!

Reply #4

Nope!

I checked their site for other versions could not find them.  When I attempt to run the meter on a song by right clicking that track name it says the DR meter was "set to expire in 2011... an update is forthcoming".

Sucks to be the Foobar Flubber!

Foobar Install Disaster!

Reply #5

Nope!
I checked their site for other versions could not find them.

Have you tried it? 
This isn't the same version as on pleasurizemusic.com (which only offers an older one), and it shouldn't have that limitation. If unsure, check your version under Preferences->Components.

Foobar Install Disaster!

Reply #6

Nope!
I checked their site for other versions could not find them.

Have you tried it? 
This isn't the same version as on pleasurizemusic.com (which only offers an older one), and it shouldn't have that limitation. If unsure, check your version under Preferences->Components.

Where can I find it?

(told you, need my hand held!) lol

The version I have installed is the only one visible on Pleasurize - 1.0.0 - the one I downloaded yesterday.

Foobar Install Disaster!

Reply #7
Try clicking the link Cynic provided on his post (hint, it's the text 1.1.1)...
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Foobar Install Disaster!

Reply #8
Don't ask how - I got 1.1.1 working.  Just the analysis part, not the flashy meters.  How do I get those working?

Folks:  I kick butt as a DAW user, but when it comes to installing stuff and plugins I'm about as helpful as ten thumbs! 

Foobar Install Disaster!

Reply #9
There are no flashy meters with this version, you just get the ability to write a log file and tag tracks and albums with their respective DR values. These and other options are configurable under Preferences > Advanced > Tools > Dynamic Range Meter.

Foobar Install Disaster!

Reply #10
There are no flashy meters with this version, you just get the ability to write a log file and tag tracks and albums with their respective DR values. These and other options are configurable under Preferences > Advanced > Tools > Dynamic Range Meter.

Too bad. I was actually surprised by some of the readings I got for random mp3 files of 1970s songs.  Up to DR16!  For stuff since 2000, average DR had been DR6. Katy Perry's "California Gurlz" is a standout for a 2010s era CHR track: DR10!  And it sure sounds that way, very refreshing.

Unrelated, but the audio converter is very bare-bones, and in MP3 mode is variable-bitrate only.

I use neither VBR or Joint-stereo in any mp3s I create or rip from CDs.