Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Request] Text File Panel (Read 12507 times) previous topic - next topic

[Request] Text File Panel

Reply #25
Any type of HTML rendering would be great instead of solely a plugin that outputs text files -- that would merely be the tip of the iceberg.

The level of customization with html/css would be limitless. That after all seems to be one of FB2K's strong points -- it's level of customization. The current track info panel and album art plugin, althought good, are very limited in how you can visually present data.

The winamp media library uses the IE engine and it seems pretty light weight to me. There aren't any browser buttons, or tool bars, nothing bloated.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=308664"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

wow, that looks really nice, would be a great thing to have something like this in foobar.
I hop someone who can write such a plugin is interested in doing it, if I could I would do, but I can't... 

Reply #26
i'm unsure but i think it's related to this request.

i have in every album folder a "artistwebsite.url" file. it would be very nice if i can load this link into the track info panel.

example:
Artist: jack
Track: song
Link: http://artistwebsite.com

and if i could click this link it would be just perfect

greets

Reply #27
i'm unsure but i think it's related to this request.

i have in every album folder a "artistwebsite.url" file. it would be very nice if i can load this link into the track info panel.

example:
Artist: jack
Track: song
Link: http://artistwebsite.com

and if i could click this link it would be just perfect

greets
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309647"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not related, would be handy though. Better post it into the Track Info Panel thread for then it'll be related 

Reply #28
Not related, would be handy though. Better post it into the Track Info Panel thread for then it'll be related 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309755"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

k sry. i post it there again.

Reply #29
lyrics  panel can read external txt files in panel - this is not perfect solution cause it breaks words but better this then nothing... and for simple info this is absolutely enough

editing txt files in foobar panel and a bit more styling with kinda css could be great...

Reply #30
lyrics  panel can read external txt files in panel - this is not perfect solution cause it breaks words but better this then nothing... and for simple info this is absolutely enough

editing txt files in foobar panel and a bit more styling with kinda css could be great...
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

While we're at it, why not add a [a href="http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definition/english/Za/Zawinski's_Law.html]mail reader[/url]?

Reply #31
While we're at it, why not add a mail reader?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=320315"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just displaying a text would already be very nice -with rules like album art panel-, because a big comment on an album is easier to maintain when it's stored in one place, instead of being duplicated in each the tags of each songs of the album (which could then be displayed by track info panel)
Best audio player for the power user: foobar2000

Reply #32
This is a great idea, and the HTML one would be even better, just let you point to an url with variables would be okay I think, and maybe some conditions, so I could do that :
If <path>\Lyrics.txt exists, open localhost/lyrics-parser.php?file=<path>/lyrics.txt
Else www.google.com/search?q="Lyrics <artist> <album>"

you get the idea..
Many thanks to whoever wanna start this.

Reply #33
The HTML plugin would be great I agree, but I doubt it will happen. Foobar coders seem to despise the IE engine.

Reply #34
Is it really impossible to use Gecko or something else.. ? I think I read something about that being possible on K-Meleon's forum but I don't know much about that stuff, and as it would not be used on unknown websites I really don't care wheter it's IE or not, but that's probably wont happen as you said, so I'll stick to foo_openwith for now.

Reply #35
Such plugins exist for Total Commander (which is a file manager) :
Gecko (Mozilla) based
Internet Explorer based
Installation is quite simple, and sources seem to be available for the ie-based one.
(Note: totalcmd.net is not the official Total Commander site.)
Best audio player for the power user: foobar2000