Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3 cutting by cue sheet neccessary? (Read 2827 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3 cutting by cue sheet neccessary?

Hi there,

I just have a question regarding those large single mp3 file (e.g creating by EAC) which contains the full album and could be cutted by using a cue sheet.

If I cut this file in single mp3 files I always have short interruptions between the tracks if I listen to them in a row (e.g. in case of non-stop mixes).

If I don't cut the large mp3 file and I did not have those interruptions but I can't jump from track to track, because it is only one.

Is there a tool which marks the chapters/tracks in a large mp3 files (without cutting/splitting them) that they can be identified by e.g. by my car audio mp3 player?

Reply #1
1) the gaps are because the mp3 format is not gapless

2) Foobar2000 can play back the file as individual files using the cuesheet.  Foobar2000 can also handle the splitting by cue file.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #2
But he probably doesn't have foobar in his car

zerter, I'm afraid that the gap issue is unavoidable on portable CD players, which offer only 'basic' mp3 playback. You can either go one-file-per-track and have gapless playback with LAME & foobar2000 (but not on your portable CD player which can't use LAME gapless information), or go with cuesheets, but your portable player is also very likely not to be able to use those either. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Reply #3
I guess we will start seeing more pcs running foobar2000 in car stereos. ;-]

Reply #4
Is there a tool which marks the chapters/tracks in a large mp3 files (without cutting/splitting them) that they can be identified by e.g. by my car audio mp3 player?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=291005"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No.
But one way to get gapless MP3 playback in a car is to buy a Rio Karma and plug it into your car's audio system.

Reply #5
Thanks mates, I thought it is like you stated, but hope dies last.

I remembered there was a feature called index in WinOnCD (while creating an regular audio CD) where you can add an index instead of making a real track. But I never got the point what an index really is.

However, if somebody got an additionally idea -> Welcome!

Reply #6
You can created indexes with EAC as well but few CD players support them.  Besides, they are only applacable to audio CDs.