Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LAME builds with FLAC input (Read 2986 times) previous topic - next topic

LAME builds with FLAC input

I've downloaded one of the RareWares builds of LAME with FLAC input, but it contains no documentation. When transcoding I expected tags to be transferred to the Mp3 encoded file, but the Mp3 ends up void of any ID3 tag. I expected at least the most basic four or five fields to be copied over.

Am I missing a command-line switch, or is that all it does?

LAME builds with FLAC input

Reply #1
I've downloaded one of the RareWares builds of LAME with FLAC input, but it contains no documentation. When transcoding I expected tags to be transferred to the Mp3 encoded file, but the Mp3 ends up void of any ID3 tag. I expected at least the most basic four or five fields to be copied over.

Am I missing a command-line switch, or is that all it does?

If you're talking about the lame.exe builds against libsndfile, then, yes, the tags will be lost because the flac file reading routines are within libsndfile and the tags are not passed to lame. If you were to use the lamedropXPd gui, then there is an option to have the basic tags, assuming they are vorbis tags, copied to id3 tags.