Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist lock? (Read 16041 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist lock?

Is there a plugin that will allow you to password protect the playlist (or all of foobar), so that no one else can fiddle with foobar's setting, say when having a party?

Thanks!

Playlist lock?

Reply #1
Is there a plugin that will allow you to password protect the playlist (or all of foobar), so that no one else can fiddle with foobar's setting, say when having a party?

Thanks!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=281700"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Couldn't you just lock your computer?  That should keep people from messing with your system.

Playlist lock?

Reply #2
I'd like this. Because I have two sisters who like listening to my music, but aren't very competent with computers. I start up foobar for them and start fretting about my playlists..

Playlist lock?

Reply #3
This is not exactly a "Lock", but you could just backup your playlists and foobar configuration file, and when you are back in charge of your computer copy the files back. (Make sure foobar isn't running when you do this.)

The playlists are stored in foobar folder\playlists, and the configuration file is foobar2000.cfg.

Playlist lock?

Reply #4
Doesn't the user-profile support solve this problem? Or is that for people logging on different Windows accounts? I haven't used that feature, so I'm not sure.
love, IAN
droptothetop.com/

Playlist lock?

Reply #5
Ideally.. all I'd like is a button that I can click called 'Lock Playlist'. It'll ask me for a password, and I enter it. Then it will say playlist locked, and you unlock it the same way.

Playlist lock?

Reply #6
Or is that for people logging on different Windows accounts?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282148"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep, it stores the configuration and playlists etc, in \Documents and Settings\username\

Playlist lock?

Reply #7
I'd like to see a playlist lock feature/plug-in also. For me, it wouldn't even need to be password protected. Just right and select "lock" would do. Anything to keep that accidental playlist edit from happening.

Playlist lock?

Reply #8
For accidental playlist edits, check out foo_utils and its "undo" function.  Very handy.  I guess a playlist lock feature would be nice, too, though.

Playlist lock?

Reply #9
For accidental playlist edits, check out foo_utils and its "undo" function.  Very handy.  I guess a playlist lock feature would be nice, too, though.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=330783"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thanks for the tip, never knew this...

Playlist lock?

Reply #10
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=330783"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thanks for the tip, never knew this...

This is an old thread but at least some of it echos my desires exactly though I'd rather a native solution and not a 3rd party.

Playlist tabbing is excellent but not being able to 'lock' a playlist is really frustrating.  A suitable 'not quite locking' alternative would be for any playlist tab that is sourced from a saved playlist to revert on program initiation thus dumping unsaved changes and accidental changes.  I'd love to be able to lock a playlist such that when another program launches music to the default player it either asks if I want to add it to the playlist or automatically uses the next unsaved tab or begins a new tab.

I'd really like to see the playlist and eq and music directories untied from one another so that if you choose EQ presets it doesn't automatically open up the EQ presets folder when you go to open playlists and so on.  Perhaps even a default location config, but at the least, maintain a 'last/recently used directory' variable for music, and another for EQ presets, and another for playlists.

Love this program.

Playlist lock?

Reply #11
I'm gonna bump this thread too.

I love Foobar2k, its the best, I have it all customized and working like a dream...EXCEPT when I forget I am in one of my special playlists and I forget to go to my 'live list' and click an MP3. Then it deletes my special playlist and I have to go back and undo or reload it. I think we need the ability to lock playlists and/or specify which playlist should be the 'inbox' on a doable click or other OS action...

Playlist lock?

Reply #13
I think we need the ability to [...] specify which playlist should be the 'inbox' on a doable click or other OS action...

You mean like in preferences>shell integration>always send new files to playlist: x ?

Playlist lock?

Reply #15
Yeah, I know this topic is as old as dust but........

Is there a way yet to 'lock' playlists?

Accidentally opening a new track when a 'favourite' playlist is open replaces everything on that list with the track.

I usually save any playlists I've added new stuff to at the end of a session, today i got an accidental edit on one of my larger lists, didn't notice and saved the damn list. Ack

Playlist lock?

Reply #17
Mate, you are a hero - thank you

Playlist lock?

Reply #18
The only foo_utils reference I could find is http://foosion.foobar2000.org/components/?id=utils , and it's for rather old foobar version (0.9.5). Is there something else that allows to protect the playlist from accidental edit?

This is the only thing that's missing from foobar200 for me, and I registered on forum specifically for this 

Playlist lock?

Reply #19
that still works on current foobar versions.