Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Icons (Read 3841 times) previous topic - next topic

Icons

Hi!
I've set the Foobar2000 as my default player for most audio-formats, because it handles everything so well

But.. when I browse a folder in XP-explorer, the icons have a very turn-off-effect on me.
Maybe someone else finds skulls very cool. Or is it alien skulls with horns? Well, I really do not like it.
In fact, I'll have to go back to Windows Media-player, because of this..

So, maybe some other icons?

Icons

Reply #1
In Windows XP (and earlier) it is possible to change the icons of any file type.
Perhaps it even suffices to change the .ico files in the folder "icons" in your foobar2000 directory.

Icons

Reply #2
Those are cute alien cats.
Stay sane, exile.

Icons

Reply #3
If you're really considering to switch your audio program based on the icons it uses for file association, it might be time to reassess your priorities.

Icons

Reply #4
I dislike the icons as well, but since my main entry to my music is foobar rather than Explorer, I never see them. Not that I would dump foobar because of a couple icons, of course.

Icons

Reply #5
All this complaining would make picmixer unhappy... Anyway, if you have some icons you'd rather see in your shell you are free to place them with proper names into the Icons directory and foobar will use them. Installer is even nice enough not to unnecessarily overwrite files there.

Icons

Reply #6
Ok, thanks for the tips
I didn't know how to change icons, but I see it's easy know.
Thanks!
(And then I can use foobar2000 still..)