Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Direct Ape->psytel Aac Transcoding... (Read 5741 times) previous topic - next topic

Direct Ape->psytel Aac Transcoding...

i asked for this long ago, any updates...

Reply #1
Perhaps dbPowerAmp? (I don't really know, never tried it myself...)

Reply #2
Simple answer! Currently, PsyTEL AAC encoder does not support input from stdin, you can only input wave files. I did mention it to Ivan sometime back and, although he talked about adding it, I guess he has other priorities right now.

Reply #3
Simple answer! Currently, PsyTEL AAC encoder does not support input from stdin, you can only input wave files. I did mention it to Ivan sometime back and, although he talked about adding it, I guess he has other priorities right now.

Perhaps these?

http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1021632373873
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."

Reply #4
Well I have been looking for one, too. So far no success. The cli options in the Monkey's own frontend are too limited for aacenc. dBpowerAMP did only hang no matter how many different ways I tried. Winamp has a nice diskwriter output plugin which outputs wav files. If someone would write a similar one which runs a command line compressor like aacenc, any encoder could be used. No more lame output plugin, ogg output plugin, wma output plugin and so on. Just one.

Reply #5
Media Jukebox http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/download.html has a conversion tool that works with ape and aac. I have only tried it on one album so far, but this is my best result so far. It did not hang, it did not crash, it did not do something else than stated, it just did what they promised.

Reply #7
Perhaps these?

http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1021632373873

Not really.

He is not working on MPEG2, he's working on MPEG4.

By the way, do you happen to know if there is already an approximate date (month or year) when the results of his work for Nero might show up publically?

BTW: Nero's MPEG2 encoder is bad.

Good to know...  Where did it come from anyhow?
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."

Reply #8
Soon

Reply #9
Good to know...   Where did it come from anyhow?

I never found out.

But, if you want good quality MPEG2 encodes, I suggest you use CinemaCraft Encoder, Tsunami MPEG Encoder or Canopus Procoder.

Regards;

Roberto.

Reply #10
Soon

well, since nero AAC is already here this thread needs a bump. Its just my speculation but will nero get APE support so direct APE->AAC transcoding is possible???

Reply #11
It can be done with audiowizz!!!!