Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Communication, No encoding IP to IP (Read 8513 times) previous topic - next topic

Communication, No encoding IP to IP

Reply #25
You could use  do something like pipe the audio output to netcat sending to an IP & port no.

It certainly works but IMO is not optimal in terms of latency. Piping introduces quite large latencies. Plus the alsa-oss emulation (the case for vast majority of linux distributions) goes through another layer of alsa-lib which most likely allocates its own buffer too.

Unfortunately in the long run it will produce over/underruns as two independent clock domains are involved.

In the unix world I would use jackd + netjack, a tool designed for the purpose of zero/low latency audio communication.

Yeah thought so awell, thought i had my hopes.

And well, i use Windows, and am not familiar with other OS, maybe Linux a little bit.

Communication, No encoding IP to IP

Reply #26
Well if anyone want to know what happened about this.

As i said in an earlier post, i started programming my own application for it.
And it´s going pretty well, it does pretty much what i want, even though it´s unoptimized like mad.

But in short, i uses ASIO output if possible (fun thing is that it allows me to play the chat software with ASIO, while i am able to play other stuff at the same time, but i can´t change the volume of the ASIO output as expected).
It sends with UDP (It´s smallest, fastest, but unreliable, but it does the job).

And i use extremely low buffer on the input, which seems to work pretty well, with some small hickups at times. Using 4ms if anyone want´s to know.

The buffer for the UDP however is a total mess, as i have no clue how it even works, but it´s probably as low as it can go with the current code, which seems to be (4000byte per udp packet?).