Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MQA alert detector (Read 4623 times) previous topic - next topic

MQA alert detector

Mans Rullgard lately released code to identify MQA in VLC player here
Can you please add a MQA identifying feature to foobar?
I want to know if some MQA is foisted on me.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Re: MQA alert detector

Reply #1
I could do it, but I'd have to keep the MQA code as an external module from their repository, to enjoy the protections of their code being located in France.

Reply #2
I see Mr. Rullgard does not have the code at his github page. I have no idea how to handle the use of this code best legally but i can imagine an external module isn't elegant.
I am not a member of the CA forum where he comments regulary to ask if there is a better way to use the code.

Reply #3
I could do it, but I'd have to keep the MQA code as an external module from their repository, to enjoy the protections of their code being located in France.
Oh,Foo_input_mqa to be released soon from you?

Reply #4
This does not have any means of decoding the information to recover the full bitstream. And MQA isn't a format, it's information encoded into a lossless source format. The format spec they've discovered through reverse engineering is incomplete, and the decoder only thus far has the ability to decode the authentication information, but not actually make use of much of any of it.

Reply #5
Maybe it is not that simple. I found that comment of Mr. Rullgard.

Reply #7
If the RIAA and big Music are behind/in agreement on ANYTHING, it's guaranteed to be garbage. They have a business model of NOT serving consumers/end users. 

I do agree with OP - we need the ability to flag anything they create for removal, like any spyware.

Reply #8
The code compiles nicely into a usable executable in linux using 'make'.
Is it a good solution to create a plugin that relies on an executable someone offers somewhere? I didn't follow foobars practice close enough to know.

Reply #9
Is it a good solution to create a plugin that relies on an executable someone offers somewhere?
This is exactly how official plugins foo_input_exe and foo_input_ffmpeg work.

Reply #10
The MQA vermin spreads like it was predicted...
The Stylish have found the first music at qobuz of crippled 16/44.1 material not labeled as such.
Answer by the label when questioned: "...our MQA-CD which from 2L is now our standard resolution going out to all major services..."