Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Masstagger Question / Consolidate 2 shortcuts to 1 single shortcut via Script? (Read 1375 times) previous topic - next topic

Masstagger Question / Consolidate 2 shortcuts to 1 single shortcut via Script?

Hello and happy new year, although it will most likely like the other ones....

I have two keyboard-shortcuts configures, which sets %SKIP% to 1 or remove %SKIP% from a song.

Via Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts -> Assigned shortcuts

Shortcut A points to Tagging / Quick Tagger / Set <SKIP> to 1
Shortcut B points to Tagging / Quick Tagger / Set <SKIP> to REMOVE FIELD

So far, so good.

Now, I'd like to have one single keyboard-shortcut instead of two, which points to something like a Script, which does automaticly (with some pretty magic) what I want:

If a Shortcut is pressed, it checkes, if %SKIP% exists, if YES, remove %SKIP%, if NO, set %SKIP% to 1

I have battled with Masstagger, but lost... (because I did not manage to handle those $ifs and set/remove a tag in one single go)

Does anybody know, if Masstagger is the right component for my wish?
Maybe some other ideas to help me going on with my wish?

Re: Masstagger Question / Consolidate 2 shortcuts to 1 single shortcut via Script?

Reply #1
Masstagger: Format value from other fields...
Destination field name: SKIP
Formatting pattern: $if(%skip%,,1)

Re: Masstagger Question / Consolidate 2 shortcuts to 1 single shortcut via Script?

Reply #2

Did you test that? That doesn't do what OP is asking, it merely replaces value 1 to a blank value. It doesn't remove %SKIP%.
I don't think masstagger can do what you're asking, the remove value action doesn't allow for the use of $if.

Reply #3
Did you test that? That doesn't do what OP is asking, it merely replaces value 1 to a blank value. It doesn't remove %SKIP%.
I don't think masstagger can do what you're asking, the remove value action doesn't allow for the use of $if.

Why don't you?

Reply #4
Well, I did have the same idea as you in mind but I did test it out beforehand and knew it was wrong so I didn't make the mistake of presenting a suggestion which didn't work but thanks for the tip. Anything else?

Reply #5
Well, I did have the same idea as you in mind but I did test it out beforehand and knew it was wrong so I didn't make the mistake of presenting a suggestion which didn't work but thanks for the tip. Anything else?

Anything Else?

Reply #6
That's cute, but that's not what is happening. The value is not removed, it remains and is blank. Whatever you're trying to pull here I don't know. But I did the exact same thing and it doesn't work. Format value doesn't remove a a field, it.....wait for it....formats a value. Do yourself a favor, ditch the attitude and stop wasting people's time.

Two can play that game.

Reply #7
Two can play that game.

Ha Ha. You have got a space after the bracket.

Do EVERYBODY a favor, ditch the attitude and stop wasting people's time.

Reply #8
Wow, so simple and yet its working EXACTLY as I wrote and wanted :-)
Thank you. I wasn't aware (like jazzthieve) that formatting a value can remove also.
Thanks again, it works great here in f2k 1.4.1

OffTopic: How did you create the useful animation you posted in reply#5 ?

Reply #9
Well, I'm the first to admit I was wrong. Still, some nice butthurt display going on there. You won the internet for today.

Reply #10
OffTopic: How did you create the useful animation you posted in reply#5 ?
1. You're Welcome.
2. GifCam