Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Highlight currently playing song in library (Read 1930 times) previous topic - next topic

Highlight currently playing song in library

Does anyone know of a way to do this? In searching I've only found ways to go to the currently playing song in the playlist, however, if my library is completely collapsed and I have a song playing (or maybe I navigated somewhere else in the library while a song was playing) and I want to quickly find it in the library, is there a way?

Thanks!

Reply #1
Sorry I don't think I can help too much as I use a library view.

I just use a little script for each column written like this (example for codec data): $if(%isplaying%,>>>%codec%<<<,%codec%).
The angled brackets highlight the text, and the $if argument runs as $if(argument, true-then, false-then).

I think you are looking more for something which will make the view jump to currently playing item.  You can double click the status bar (one at the bottom) this makes foobar2000 jump from another playlist that you maybe browsing, to the currently playing track (and its playlist).
You must make sure you don't have Playback>Playback Follows Cursor checked.  If you have Playback>Cursor Follows Playback, then the highlighted "selection" will march down the playlist as you song does, kinda like it's always selected.

Reply #3
That solution is for finding playing track in a playlist. OP is wanting to have a pointer the said playing track highlighted in the Library. Currently, i know of no way to achieve that.

Reply #4
That solution is for finding playing track in a playlist. OP is wanting to have a pointer the said playing track highlighted in the Library. ...

Oh, I see, sorry.

A possible solution:
1. Reading the name of the playing song in the foobar-header
2. In Album List use Filter [name of the playing song]
3. Clicking the [ + ] till the song is found

Sadly when deleting the filtercontent - Album List jumps back to the previous display.

Re: Highlight currently playing song in library

Reply #5
I'm looking for a solution for that too !

But I'm wondering, how do you guys manage if you don't need this functionality ?

=> Like when you've got a huge library, and while updating your current playlist the library view is reset at some point.
      Then it's a bit annoying to have to manually go back (in the library) to the artist you were digging for example (or even with filter functionality as said lastly)..

Reply #6
^ I'm not sure the library view should be resetting by itself unless you are editing tags.

In any case, this thread is from 8 years ago. Today, at least the Library Tree script (with Spider Monkey Panel) can highlight in the tree structure the currently playing node.

Reply #7
^ I'm not sure the library view should be resetting by itself unless you are editing tags.

In any case, this thread is from 8 years ago. Today, at least the Library Tree script (with Spider Monkey Panel) can highlight in the tree structure the currently playing node.

Awesome, this library viewer is much better than the original one, thank you !

Please don't hesitate If you have any other cool lib/component to recommend ! (I'm using DarkOne theme with Biography and now Library libs)