Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: (New guy) music from youtube to iTunes.. (Read 1949 times) previous topic - next topic

(New guy) music from youtube to iTunes..

Hi guys.

Ok I'm new here, I have been bringing myself up to speed on current audio standards in terms of bitrate..

I still buy CD's (albeit not as often)

I have an iPod classic - 80gb that is in good working order.

All of my music was put in there with from CD via Winamp, when I was still runnig windows, and at a bitrate of 192kbs as I was worried about space at the time..

I am now running a macbookpro, using iTunes.. got two CD's ripped them into lossless... then I started doing my research about audio quality etc.. as previously I think I ripped to my iPod via mp3... :/,

I have set iTunes up to rip as acc - custom - 320 kbps ..

I started to rip music from youtube that I wanted to listen to before I commit to buying (lets face it... unless its some epic prog metal album you may as well download or buy via iTunes nowadays).. The problem is that with youtube uploads you can only alter the video quality, the audio/kbps is anyones guess... and each time I download a song or album using one of the numerous free converters, it does so as crummy 128kbps in mp3 format  ..

How can I get it to acc and 320kbps.. or at least something better than what it is.

Can this not be done when it comes to "Free" downloads?? (if thats the case then I guess there is a downside after all)..

If it can't be changed, then perhaps a method of downloading free music that allows for "Quality control" is available? or if I have to buy a converter that can do this then point me to the right one perhaps?

I have actually asked a youtube uploader about this and he didn't know how to do it.

Any help I can get would be appreciated, as I need some new music.

thanks in advance.

Reply #1
Wouldn't it be easier to just pay for your music? Then you would have a much better idea of its quality.

Reply #2
Legality aside, you cannot magically make the audio in youtube videos better quality.  The audio track likely is 128 kbps MP3 or AAC, or even lower.  Even if you convert it to 320 kpbs it won't be any better quality and arguably it would be worse.