Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [feature request] foo_fileops (Read 16341 times) previous topic - next topic

[feature request] foo_fileops

1. If a preset has no Destination directory then pop up the chose directory dialog.

2. Please add an option for "Same as source file directory" for destination directory.

Reply #1
3. Please make the entries in "file Name Pattern Selector" editable.

Reply #2
2. Please add an option for "Same as source file directory" for destination directory.

Just use "Rename" function instead of "Move".

Reply #3
Then explain me, how can I make subdirectory with rename function.

EDIT: @foosion, is there any chance my first request will be implemented? It'd be really handy.

Reply #4
It would be very nice to have such customizable scheme for file naming as it was in the old component.
Also I miss option for configure which files should be moved. Eg. if I would like to move and rename wavpack correction files along with wavpack lossy files and move *.jpg to the destination folder.

Reply #5
You may want to take a look at the pinned threads in this subforum.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #6
[request]
Make it possible to choose whether files are handeled in alphabetical order or in the order the selected files where sorted in playlist.

I posted it here (with detailed explanation) but perhaps that post was ignored because this request belongs to this thread...

Reply #7
Please add an option for lowercase/uppercase the file extensions
last.fm/user/boces

Reply #8
[quote name='start78' date='Oct 29 2007, 11:06' post='526178']
[request]
Make it possible to choose whether files are handeled in alphabetical order or in the order the selected files where sorted in playlist.

I would put it stronger: just handel the files in the order as they are displayed in the playlist, it is the logical thing to do, and finally makes the %list_index% variable a viable option. See my earlier post about
"proper %list_index% behaviour"!

Reply #9
[bug] when selected items contains online radio entries or CD tracks then File Operations group in context menu should be hidden or inactive.

Reply #10
Issues fixed since beta 7
  • File Operations sorts files by path rather than using order of tracks (in playlist etc) it was invoked on.

Thanks a lot!

Reply #11
Even in 0.9.5.1b2 foo_fileops doesn't "see" a flash-card if it's completely empty. If i want to copy files to a fresh formated cf-card (FAT16) the preview is empty and the "Run" button is greyed out. If i create at least one file or folder on the cf-card foo_fileops suddenly "sees" it and lets me copy files to it.

Problem is reproduceable on other pcs with other card readers and other kinds of flash drives. Didn't test it with an empty hdd, though.

Pre 0.9.5 versions never had problems like this so i don't think this behaviour is intended. If it is intended i'd like to know why...

<edit>typo</edit>

Reply #12

Could you please take this into consideration? Or how about the option to set the file extension on auto/manual? With that, we could type in our own extension. Then lower/uppercase is easily possible. Also, changing the extension is possible too. (e.g. .fla <-> .flac)

Reply #13
Ability to create NEW tag-based-named folders, just like Masstagger until the version 1.6

Thanx

Forget it. My mistake.

Reply #14

I need this feature, too

Alternatively it were possible to get file operations back to masstagger...

Reply #15
When I listen bad song in my playlist, I want quickly delete it physically.
OK, I press alt+del (captured to context/now playing - delete file), see confirmation box, choose yes and what I get? File can not be deleted because it playing now  !

Therefore i want:
1. "Confirm deleting" box can be removed. I have 3000+ bad songs in my big playlist. I listen music on the background and play video game. Must i switch to Foobar and waste time on each bad song to delete it?
2. Fix deleting error caused file is now busy. Before deleting file, it must be released from reading: player must go to next track or stop, if this is only track in playlist.

Thanks.

Reply #17
Please make it possible to store destination folder in preset.

Reply #18
All my presets store destination folder. Could you give more detail.

Reply #19
My mp3 player has 2 driveletters (internal and external storage). I've created 2 presets which during creation pointed to the respective folder. When I use File Operation>copy>preset, the last used folder is re-used, regardless of the setting.

Foobar v1.1.12a on Win7-SP1 x64
Foo_fileops 2.1.3

I'm terribly sorry. After selecting a preset it helps to press load. I don't know what I did to wreck it, but now it works like a charm.

Reply #20
glad you got is sorted

Reply #21
I would like to request the addition of a "Path Length" column in the File Operations Preview window.

In this column, for each line, you would see a string such as "131 chars" (for example).
This would be immensely helpful before users actually committed to Move or Copy operations with foobar2000.

If a user sees some of the lines in the "Path Length" column saying "284 chars" (for example) then he has immediate feedback  about future problems with this operation (transgression of NTFS filesystem 255 char path limit).

Thus, the user gets a chance to re-edit the "Destination folder" and/or the "File name pattern" fields before pressing the "Run" button.

This little enhancement to foobar2000's "File Operations Setup" GUI would benefit many users especially those who prefer not to use $cut to overcome this problem, and it would add positive, precise and helpful feedback to all users of the Copy/Move functions.

I think it is a great idea and would appreciate if the foobar2000 dev team gave it some thought.

Thankyou.

Reply #22
Hi everyone
why there is no possibility in foo_fileops to specify certain file types to copy to the destination folder, just like in converter setup? it's kinda weird that i can copy any non-musical file from source folder while converting (e.g only folder.jpg) but in "file operations setup" i can only choose to "copy entire source folder content"