Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Monochrome IRC (Read 3052 times) previous topic - next topic

Monochrome IRC

Peter,
Not sure where to put this thread, can you please add few options to hide Joins/Parts/Quits on Monochrome?

Also I am having trouble connecting to ZNCs with the client, not sure what the problem is, it can't resolve the IP of the ZNC at all.

Thank you.

Re: Monochrome IRC

Reply #1
Old subject is old, but:
https://perkele.cc/download/monobeta.zip

Option to hide joins/parts/etc is included.

Feedback => #monochrome on irc.freenode.net. I know it's idleville but I eventually read everything.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
Thank you Peter, still testing but it works wonderfully.

Reply #3
@Peter, not sure I like the new bold buttons, I think I like the new location but not the bold, I don't think it's necessary, they look "dirty" and go against the minimalist look of the client. Let me know.

Reply #4
@Peter, sorry one more thing, now I can't connect to the ZNC at all, all I get is this:

17:59:20 Client initialized.
17:59:20 Connecting...
17:59:20 Unexpected Protocol Error: DNS failure - empty address list

...now meaning when I just tried it right now, I don't use it constantly but I check periodically.

Reply #5
Tried the client again with a different VPS, still same connection issues:

15:00:56 Client initialized.
15:00:56 Connecting...
15:00:56 Disconnected: No such host is known

Reply #6
Noted.
Version 1.337 has just been released, with fix for ircnow.org compatibility.
Another update will be posted at some point, adding SASL authentication; I'll look into ZNC compatibility before that.

Reply #7
What are you using for the host name (screenshot?)
I'm not quite following how this is failing.

Whole freenode mess has motivated me to work on this again... at least the number of easter eggs has doubled for v1.4

Edit: ZNC seems to work, you need your ZNC user as ident user name (in preferences, not server settings!) and ZNC password as server password.
I'll see if I can clean this up for 1.4.

Reply #8
Hostname is the IP of the VPS and the port is not a default one.

This is the issue "17:22:11 Disconnected: No such host is known" (just tested now) not the validation of the username or the password, I am doing all that you're saying of course.

BTW, I have Textual (macOS), Igloo (iOS), Irssi, WeeChat, HexChat, AdiIRC and mIRC configured with this ZNC and they all work fine, the host is fine.

Separate question, on "User modes" do I enter +i or i? If I want more do I separate them with a comma?

Reply #9
Screenshot of entered settings would be welcome (privatemessage it if it contains sensitive info). Clearly whatever is in hostname input box doesn't resolve.

Reply #10
Peter, same issue, not being able to connect. Looks like the problem was fixed for that VPS/SSL instance but if I reset the VPS and get new certs, even if the IP is the same it gives the same error again.

Not sure if the issue is invalid/self-signed certs in particular because it looks like it can't even query the ZNC, can we try to add an option to skip invalid certificates or allow self-signed ones?

Thanks.

Reply #11
Nevermind that last msg, it works fine.

Code: [Select]
      <entry name="useSSL" value="True" />
      <entry name="verifySSL" value="False" />