Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album List search issue (Read 1109 times) previous topic - next topic

Album List search issue

Hello,

my full library contains approximately 600k records (over 35 years of live recordings).

When I use the search option of Album List I am getting in troubles because the "application" start immediately searching for the pattern as I type in something.
This brings my PC to starvation and Foobar freezes for 30 seconds or more. Practically, I cannot use this search feature.

Question: is there any option to instruct Album List to start searching only when I have fully typed in the search string?
In other words, can I stop this default behavior?

Thanks and regards,
Andrea

Re: Album List search issue

Reply #1
Yes, please add an optional Ok button to the search function. I've asked about this on the wishlists topic, and it has been brought up in the past. The effort "saved" from not having to press enter is insignificant. I don't think any increased typing delay would resolve the problem completely, when Foobar is unresponsive after being minimized for a long time, and it has to load data from disk. I run into this problem when I mistype a character trying to be fast.

Re: Album List search issue

Reply #2
Feature request noted, this has to be indeed annoying. In meanwhile, regular media library search should be asynchronous and behave gracefully - start searching while still typing without stalling the application.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.