Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar play some songs with a lower volume (Read 5170 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar play some songs with a lower volume

i changed my mp3 player from winamp to foobar, but some songs in my playlist have a lower volume which is not what i want
is there a way to fix it?

Reply #1
Some of your mp3's probably contains ReplayGain tags which is a standard to make all music sound equally loud. With much modern music being mastered at terrible loud levels (see Loudness War), it is often lowered a lot to meet the 89dB ReplayGain default. I know that Winamp has implemented it too, but I'm not familar with it's compatibility with foobar2000.

You can of course disable ReplayGain completely in Preferences (Ctrl+P) under Playback (Set Source mode to None).

My recommendation: You should ReplayGain* all your music and turn up the volume on your amp a bit

* Rightclick file(s) -> ReplayGain -> Scan selection as Albums or Scan per-file track gain. You can even create an autoplaylist that contains all music files that has this missing, to ease batch scanning. Library -> Seach, enter:
Code: [Select]
REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN MISSING
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #2
Some of your mp3's probably contains ReplayGain tags which is a standard to make all music sound equally loud. With much modern music being mastered at terrible loud levels (see Loudness War), it is often lowered a lot to meet the 89dB ReplayGain default. I know that Winamp has implemented it too, but I'm not familar with it's compatibility with foobar2000.

You can of course disable ReplayGain completely in Preferences (Ctrl+P) under Playback (Set Source mode to None).

My recommendation: You should ReplayGain* all your music and turn up the volume on your amp a bit

* Rightclick file(s) -> ReplayGain -> Scan selection as Albums or Scan per-file track gain. You can even create an autoplaylist that contains all music files that has this missing, to ease batch scanning. Library -> Seach, enter:
Code: [Select]
REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN MISSING

Sir, thank you very much, it's fixed

mange tak

Reply #3
Anytime. Welcome to the foobar2000 world
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P