Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_sendtodevice (Read 179245 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #125
I created a button to send my files to my mp3-player.
But somehow it just works for the active file not for selected files.

Here's my code:

Code: [Select]
//added MP3-Player option

$button2(10,$eval($getpvar(TopAlign1)+$getpvar(TopAlign2)+110),0,0,180,20,
            '$font($getpvar(font),$getpvar(fontsize),$getpvar(shcolor),$getpvar(color1))$ifequal($getpvar(lang),1,Send Active File to Mp3-Player,Insert Spanish Text here)',
            '$font($getpvar(font),$getpvar(fontsize),$getpvar(shcolor2),$getpvar(color2))$ifequal($getpvar(lang),1,Send Active File to Mp3-Player,Insert Spanish Text here)',Send to Device/Default,TOOLTIP:""

Any idea? I didn't figure it out yet.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #126
Release 1.1.1

* replace | with _ to avoid problems
    * copy album art option - contribution from Hanno Stock

thx you for the update, and thx Hanno Stock for the copy of album art.

Do you both think it will be possible in a future
-to use metadatas for the name of image to be copied, something like %album%.jpg...?
-to copy "windows hidden files" (my "folder.jpg" have an 'hidden' attribute, so copy does not work) it works
-to use path... ex: "\cover\front.jpg"
-using also "*.jpg" to copy all images
-and multiple choise : "folder.jpg;cover\front.jpg;cover\back.jpg"

Cheers

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #127
Just came from a long WE and found the update.

Thanks both cwbowron and Hanno Stock for the copy album art option.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #128
Hi,
Maybe I ve found a bug (sorry if this have been already reported)

When I select few tracks to be sent to, like 4 or 5 albums, everything is correct,
but if i select a big number of tracks (idk exactly from how much tracks the problem appears) all my tracks are copied in a wrong folder named with .mp3 at the end.

Maybe then, i am the only one who have this problem... could you tell me?

Example with this:
Code: [Select]
M:\Music\%genre%\$if2(%album artist%,%artist%)\$if(%date%,%date%-,)$if2(%album%,'Singles')\%tracknumber%. %title%.$ext(%_path%)

With few tracks i have:
M:\Electronic\Aphex Twin\2001-Drukqs\
then the tracks :
1. blabah.mp3
2. blobloh.mp3
3. etc...

M:\Rock\The Rolling Stones\1969-Let It Blood\
then the tracks
1. gfhehe.mp3
2. etc...

With a lot of tracks
M\Electronic\Aphex Twin\2001-Drukqs\1. blabah.mp3 (as a folder contening tracks that follow)
then all tracks of all albums selected are included in this root folder, and they are not renamed:
Aphex Twin - Drukqs - 1 - blablah.mp3
Aphex Twin - Drukqs - 2 - blobloh.mp3
The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed - 1 - 1. gfhehe.mp3
etc...

I would be very thanksfull for help or advice.
Cheers

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #129
OK lol,
I answer to myself.
It was not the number of track selected what causes the mess.
I found the guilty... damn Richie Hawtin (aka Plastikman) and his tracks named with '***'.
So it was not a bug.
Pfff....
Maybe you should also add '*' to be replaced or delete when found in a trackname.
Bye

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #130
OK lol,
I answer to myself.
It was not the number of track selected what causes the mess.
I found the guilty... damn Richie Hawtin (aka Plastikman) and his tracks named with '***'.
So it was not a bug.
Pfff....
Maybe you should also add '*' to be replaced or delete when found in a trackname.
Bye

I also had this same problem. I concluded it was the number of songs I selected, but it would make sense that special characters could break it, too. It usually happened when I added a lot of items to a playlist to export to my flash player. Usually a few thousand songs or more. I never had the problem when it was a single album, but I haven't tried it with items with '*' in the name (or maybe just didn't notice).

In retrospect, it probably was my Aphex Twin discog that broke it, since I also have some Plastikman on there.

Thanks for the info, Kabuki. I know what to avoid adding now, if this is the case.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #131
Is it possible to add a feature to send folder.jpg with the mp3 files, too?
... and maybe to scaling down the folder.jpg and rename it to cover.bmp?

Edit: Had an old built, sorry.
But second feature would be great.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #132
foo_run services doesn't seem to work in the "Process destination files with:" option.
Are they supported?
last.fm/user/boces

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #133
Release 1.2.2

* if there's more than 10 files to convert, don't list all of them.
    * replace * in filenames with _
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #134
This is going to seem like a strange request, but...

I keep all my albums in compressed in rar archives. Is it possible to get your plugin to unrar or unzip the tracks from the archive and then copy the uncompressed tracks to the device?

I'm thinking probably not, but would appreciate your thoughts.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #135
I keep all my albums in compressed in rar archives.

Why?
Storing mp3s or any other already compressed audio formats in rar-archives doesn't save hdd-space (in worst case it even needs more than uncompressed).
And if you have wav-files compressed in rar: wav is not a format for audio archiving. FLAC would be a better choice because it supports tags and is especially designed for compressing audio.

I know it's your choice but perhaps until now nobody told you that it doesn't make sense at all. At least i don't know any case where compressing audio-files in rar containers would be a clever solution.

AFAIK foobar supports reading archives. Is there a special reason for using foo_sendtodevice instead of foobars own converter/file util?

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #136
At least i don't know any case where compressing audio-files in rar containers would be a clever solution.

Continuous sharing on ed2k net is usual reason for storing albums in single-file container.
Sharing delusions since 1991.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #137
@cwbowron Could you add skip feature?
e.g.: If song contains tag skip=1, then dont send this song to device.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #138
@cwbowron Could you add skip feature?
e.g.: If song contains tag skip=1, then dont send this song to device.

I want to keep this component fairly simple, so I dont plan to add features like that.  I think its best to let other components generate the list of items to copy, and have sendtodevice simply copy the items.
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #139
Can you think of a way making something like that possible through title formating?

Actually i don't need foo_sendtodevice any longer because the handling order in foo_fileops changed back to f2kv0.8 style in the newest f2kv0.9.5b8 (files are now handeled in the order of the playlist instead of alphabeticaly).

But i really liked this plugin because it was easy to use. If you need reencoding or playlist-generation, foo_sendtodevice is your plugin!

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #140
But i really liked this plugin because it was easy to use. If you need reencoding or playlist-generation, foo_sendtodevice is your plugin!

Only problem is, it won't work with PlaysForSure devices. It would have been perfect if not for that...

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #141
Request: In the Copy Cover art section there's a place to put the cover source filename you want to transfer.  It would be nice if there was a second (optional) box if you want to use an alternate destination filename.  This would allow you to, for example, keep your covers as folder.jpg and transfer them as album_art.jpg to your sansa device that expects to see files with this alternate name.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #142
Request: In the Copy Cover art section there's a place to put the cover source filename you want to transfer.  It would be nice if there was a second (optional) box if you want to use an alternate destination filename.  This would allow you to, for example, keep your covers as folder.jpg and transfer them as album_art.jpg to your sansa device that expects to see files with this alternate name.
I'd like to see that option, too.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #143
I've been looking for a Winamp replacement since 5.5x crashes constantly now under Vista x86. The only thing that keeps me still using it is Winamp's AutoFill (portable) functionality, whereby the player will add tracks to the portable automatically (by pressing a button) based on a certain criteria defined in the configuration dialog (e.g. rating >= "3" AND lastplay ISEMPTY; AutoFill albums only; etc.) and the plugin allows transfer by filename (e.g. H:\<Album>\<filename>). Does this Foobar plugin have those capabilities? If not, would they be something you would consider adding in the future? Foobar looks like my best bet for a replacement player but ultimately my switching depends on the portable functionality.

Thanks!

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #144
thx you for the update, and thx Hanno Stock for the copy of album art.

Do you both think it will be possible in a future
-to use metadatas for the name of image to be copied, something like %album%.jpg...?
-to use path... ex: "\cover\front.jpg"
-using also "*.jpg" to copy all images
-and multiple choise : "folder.jpg;cover\front.jpg;cover\back.jpg"

Cheers

+1

any chance to see this imporved ?
worst case could be to support copy of *.jpg

(Thx for you great work)

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #145
Using this plugin, I personally miss two features:

1. The possibility to define a list of file formats that get copied and only the remaining once would get transcoded (or vice verca).

2. An option to chose the encoding used. Would it not be possible to use the allready there converter compontent to handle that part?

Regards, Lars

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #146
This program is great if offers all the functionallity I need, except...
It would be great if the program was able to automatically use the next preset in the list, if the previous one did not work.
This is because I've got different usb devices I copy music on and they have different drive letters, when I plug them.

Thanks a lot cwbowron for this very useful plugin and please consider my request.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #147
Where can I get the latest version?  The version on the site is from December of 2006, and the changelog on the site only goes up to 1.1.0?

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #148
I'm also interested. I found 1.1.2 here.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #149
Some remarks:

1. Can the plugin be made more responsive? After choosing "yes" after the mp3 conversion question, fb2k is unresponsive for a couple of seconds, I guess it copies stuff to %temp%. Then the lame thread starts, but fb2k cannot be used all the time.

2. Why restrict it to mp3? My target devices (a lot do) also play AAC files. A converter like command line would be nice...