Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to display music data when streaming with WMP ? (Read 12006 times) previous topic - next topic

How to display music data when streaming with WMP ?

Hi fellows,

I´ve been trhough lots of media players, Foobar, Winyl, Splayer, Winamp, Jaguar, Lilith, and many others with tons of fancy settings.  But I Always come back to WMP, which, to me at least, has a more warm sound, that I can hear for hours without fatigue.

But, unlike many of the others, when streaming from  www.radioparadise.com,  WMP doesn´t display neither the name of the music, nor the name of the artist.  Any one knows how to solve this.?
(I´ve thought maybe it was because I was not logged in, in RP, but in Vinyl, for ex., even not logged, it displays the names)

Thanks in advance !

(Currently using Win 8.1 64 and WMP 12)

Re: How to display music data when streaming with WMP ?

Reply #1
I´ve been trhough lots of media players, Foobar, Winyl, Splayer, Winamp, Jaguar, Lilith, and many others with tons of fancy settings.  But I Always come back to WMP, which, to me at least, has a more warm sound, that I can hear for hours without fatigue.

I think you'd better be able to back up that statement somehow, with some objective data (see TOS #8). Or at the very least a decent technical description of how the decoders and sound processing used by WMP differs from those used by other players.

Reply #2

I think you'd better be able to back up that statement somehow, with some objective data (see TOS #8). Or at the very least a decent technical description of how the decoders and sound processing used by WMP differs from those used by other players.

You are right !
I thought it was clear this post was not a statement about media player qualities,  but a question of how to solve a pratical problem.
Sorry,  I was wrong...

Reply #3
WMP doesn´t display neither the name of the music, nor the name of the artist.  Any one knows how to solve this?

I know this is a somewhat old thread, but did it work at one time, and then stopped? Or never worked? Did you change something? Upgrade OS? Etc?