Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Slashdot Mod Points (Read 2879 times) previous topic - next topic

Slashdot Mod Points

Okay, I have 5 slashdot mod points. Anyone know any posts that deserve some moderation?

Slashdot Mod Points

Reply #1
Can't you use those mod points to announce my 64kbps test there?

Slashdot Mod Points

Reply #2
I will after you make a decision to use either ABR or VBR in that test.  Just kidding, of course.

Naw, I wish I could use them to get a story posted or something, but they're just silly mod points. And I'm tired of finding interesting stuff to mod, which is why I was asking.

Slashdot Mod Points

Reply #3
I will after you make a decision to use either ABR or VBR in that test.  Just kidding, of course.

Haha. Stop that already!

BTW, just FYI, all codecs I'm testing are VBR, except FhG MP3 @64kbps (because it's the lower anchor), Lame @128 ABR (because Lame performs best at ABR in that bitrate range), Real (because this codec is CBR only) and QT (because it's CBR only)

MP3pro, WMA, HE AAC and OGG are VBR.

Naw, I wish I could use them to get a story posted or something, but they're just silly mod points. And I'm tired of finding interesting stuff to mod, which is why I was asking.

Ah, I understand.

Well, I'm not into /., so I can't help you there.

Slashdot Mod Points

Reply #4
Whats the fuzz? I recieve those ocasionally once a week or something, its pretty normal. Most of the time i forget them or simply don't have much time to read messages below score 1. Also you can't post because you will lose them. If you don't use them, you will lose them too. Don't worry, they will come back someday.

Honestly i prefer the system used in Scoop.

BTW: uhm no, submitting a story and waiting for aproval is more like playing the lottery. It in the hands and feelings of /. editors. In Scoop, users do have control.

You can of course taste the Scoop system at Kuro5hin which is another community.
She is waiting in the air

Slashdot Mod Points

Reply #5
Mmm... K5... Now there's a nifty community. Too bad it's being overrun by trolls these days. Ah well. The articles are still very interesting, and the conversation, although troll-laden, is still thought-provoking.

Anyhow, I still have another four days to find some nifty threads to mod. I've modded before, this is more-or-less a weekly thing here too, I'm just too power-hungry to disable moderation altogether.