Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Channel layout mapping info not displaying? (Read 1789 times) previous topic - next topic

Channel layout mapping info not displaying?

I'm trying to get the channel information to display in FB2k for audio files that have channel mappings outside of Stereo and Mono. I have a 5.1 .AC3 file that shows "Channels : 6: FL FR FC LFE SL SR" under the General group, in the Details tab for the files Properties box inside of FB2k.

I tried looking for a metadata field inside of this page here, but none of the fields that had something to do with audio channels were able to display the individual channel mappings themselves. There is one field there called "$info(channel_mode)" which seems to be the only one that slightly mentions the LFE channel along with a description of the others. But that doesn't seem to work at all.

Does anyone got any ideas on how to display this information inside of a Column for playlists, or an info box like Item Details?

Re: Channel layout mapping info not displaying?

Reply #1
Seems like it's not available via title formatting but only via a special fb2k SDK method only present in certain panels.

Ones that I know of:
Item properties (columns UI only)
Selection properties (default UI only)
Properties + Other Info bundled with JScript Panel 3 (CUI + DUI)

Reply #2
Well that's unfortunate. I mainly wanted it for the Item Details panel in CUI.
Thanks for verifying.

Reply #3
I tried doing the same thing awhile back as well. Unfortunate.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #4
I believe exposing the channel configuration is on Peter's todo. FYI, $info(channel_mode) is useless, it was only used by a single third-party component that is now obsolete.

Reply #5
Good to know! It's by no means vital for me, but it would be nice.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #7
Looks like this is in the latest preview now...

https://www.foobar2000.org/changelog-win-2.2-preview
Dodgy at best.

Both files flac 96/24 6channel ...

EDIT: Added the Roxy Music file while playing which is actually FL FR FC LFE BL BR as well

Reply #9
SACD might be component related. Can you see it in the properties dialog>Details tab.

edit: missed the flac bits, oops.  ;D
Your Properties and Item Properties  script have the same result as I have within ELP.

EDIT: To be complete I also added a 6 channel flac with FL FR FC LFE SL SR.
This one has the correct tag display in ELP, but in your Properties and Item Properties only shows 6 instead of the channel mapping.

Reply #10
Well the title format string %channel_mask% transforms $info(WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE_CHANNEL_MASK) into something human readable. If that isn't present, there's nothing to do.

Reply #11
Well the title format string %channel_mask% transforms $info(WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE_CHANNEL_MASK) into something human readable. If that isn't present, there's nothing to do.
I see.
The question remains why the Roxy Music flac does not have $info(WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE_CHANNEL_MASK) set in the most recent 2.2beta.

Reply #12
I see.
The question remains why the Roxy Music flac does not have $info(WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE_CHANNEL_MASK) set in the most recent 2.2beta.
Sorry for being a bit incomplete.

The PF shows correct channel mapping playing/not playing.
The RM shows no channel mapping playing/not playing.
The NW shows no channel mapping when not playing, but show correct channel mapping when playing.

It seems to me the current change is work in progress ...

Reply #13
It can't show channel mask information if it's missing in the source file. That is easy to verify by checking the details tab of the properties dialog. For the file that shows the info while playing, have you tried forcing reload of metadata? I may be mistaken but it sounds like cached information doesn't match with reality.

Reply #14
It can't show channel mask information if it's missing in the source file. That is easy to verify by checking the details tab of the properties dialog. For the file that shows the info while playing, have you tried forcing reload of metadata? I may be mistaken but it sounds like cached information doesn't match with reality.
How do I force a reload of metadata?

The files I'm using are part of a testsuite. Nightwish is a rip of the bluray PCM, Roxy Musis is a rip of a SACD (not my own, since I would not create a 96kHz of a SACD) and Pink Floyd is a native hires.

Another thing is the Nightwish one does not show channel info while not playing, but does while playing. Quite similar to what happens with HDCD.

EDIT: This is really weird. Now Nightwish doesn't show channel mapping even when playing. In the earlier screenshot I sent it did! What's going on?

Reply #17
I don't know how many times it has to be said. If the files don't have channel mapping information it won't magically appear to them by updating the player. Maybe try re-creating a new identical file with current tools and see what happens.

Reply #18
I don't know how many times it has to be said. If the files don't have channel mapping information it won't magically appear to them by updating the player. Maybe try re-creating a new identical file with current tools and see what happens.
Well, your instructions were a bit ambiguous. Suggesting a forced reload of metadata. That did not work.

I will now check what happens when I recreate the files from the original blurays/sacd's. Not looking forward though if I have to do that for all older rips.

EDIT: Not so bad as I thought. Just converting the flacs with missing channel mapping themself within fooBar with same settings writes the channel mapping in the resulting files.