Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Support for DTS XBR / DTS-HD HRA missing? (Read 634 times) previous topic - next topic

Support for DTS XBR / DTS-HD HRA missing?

I'm running build 2.2 x86 preview 2024-05-31 and encountering issues with a DTS format,

Mediainfo 24.05.1
Format: DTS XBR / DTS-HD High Resolution Audio

fooBar:
Codec: DTS / DTS-HD HRA

In fooBar the following fields are not specified: length, bitrate, (bitspersample), lossy/lossless. All of those are available in mediainfo. Playing the file with MPC gives me the correct length.

It's playable in fooBar if you do not tag the file. After tagging when playing fooBar crashes.
Bit hard to attach a sample, smallest one is 90MB.

Please fix DTS support for these kind of files.

Re: Support for DTS XBR / DTS-HD HRA missing?

Reply #1
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio is lossy, so it has no real bitdepth (bitspersample).

Reply #2
There are lossless extensions for DTS, dunno how it is called properly...
Please remove my account from this forum.

Reply #3
I know.

Therefore (bitspersample) in parenthesis. For a very long time fooBar reported 24bits for DTS 96/24 content which is also lossy and I had to suppress.

Main issue with this new (?) kind of lossy DTS is that it has no length/duration, so no minibar/waveseekbar/seekbar ...