Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 crashed after trying to install TMPGEnc DVD Author (Read 965 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 crashed after trying to install TMPGEnc DVD Author

Hello. My foobar2000 has crashed after trying to install TMPGEnc DVD Author and now I can't run my foobar2000. I sent the crash report a few times. I uninstalled TMPGEnc DVD Author, and uninstalled foobar2000 and reinstalled it but this does not solve the problem. I also can't use the online troubleshooter because I can't access the preferences window as my foobar2000 can't even start. I was using 32-bit v2.1.4 and now I'm very angry to TMPGEnc DVD Author. What can I do? (I sent another crash report right now.)

Re: Foobar2000 crashed after trying to install TMPGEnc DVD Author

Reply #1
@Case What should I do?

Reply #2
I can't use my foobar2000, can anyone help me?

This is what it says when I try to run it in the safe mode.

Reply #3
Hard to imagine what TMPGEnc DVD Author would have to do with Foobar crashing.  Did you try a PORTABLE install of Foobar--so all its files are safely in one newly-made folder?  If you get crashes from the portable, sounds like Windows system files may be damaged.  Run-as-Administrator a command prompt with the following (System File Checker):

Code: [Select]
sfc /scannow

If it finds errors it cannot fix, run the line below, then sfc again after it finishes:

Code: [Select]
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Reference for the above: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-system-file-checker-in-windows-365e0031-36b1-6031-f804-8fd86e0ef4ca .  I reversed the command orders because if sfc is first able to fix the problem on its own there is no need to run DISM first which can take a while.

Reply #5
Looks like the TMPGEnc DVD Author installer was damaged my system files, and sfc /scannow solved my problem. Thanks to everyone.

Reply #6
Great, good to know that Microsoft stuff actually works  :)) !  For DVD authoring you might want to try DVDStyler instead (https://www.dvdstyler.org/en/)  which I have no problems with; there is also a PortableApps version.