Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: One key shortcut to stop the playback and minimize foobar (Read 262 times) previous topic - next topic

One key shortcut to stop the playback and minimize foobar

Hi, I've been using foobar for at lease 5 years and enjoy it the most.

One thing I miss is to hit just one button to stop the playback and minimize foobar at once. I use foobar for listening various short sounds like some sound effects, ambiences where I need playback of just a few seconds and then stop it and open another file from an explorer. I usually do it by quitting the foobar (mapped for a key "q") but then it takes time to start foobar again after a few seconds.
I didn't figure out how to make a single key hit to stop the playback and minimize foobar so it is already running to very quickly open another file to play.

Do you have any suggestion please?

Thanks,
Ondrej

Re: One key shortcut to stop the playback and minimize foobar

Reply #1
Hi there,

I'm just curious, firstly before trying the solution below, why the need to quit / minimize foobar at all in this situation? You could make a thin foobar layout / window and have Explorer side-by-side, or just Alt-Tab back to Explorer to select a new file?

At any rate, you can use Scheduler component to queue multiple commands to a single toolbar button / keyboard shortcut.

In Preferences > Scheduler, add an Action, name it "Stop/Minimize" (do not tick 'Restart after completion') and right-click it to add the following actions -

- Stop playback
- Launch Application:
Code: [Select]
C:\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe /command:Hide

^ (Adjust path to your install location)

Then under Event > 'Add menu item event', name it "Stop/Minimize" and right-click it to 'Assign action' you just created. Click OK.

The new menu item is found under File > Scheduler > Stop/Minimize. You can make a toolbar button / keyboard shortcut to run it.

Cheers

Re: One key shortcut to stop the playback and minimize foobar

Reply #2
Thank you! :) That helped a lot.

I want to be able just with one key hit to stop the playback and get the focus back to explorer. Sometimes I need to listen to only a fraction of a long sound recording and then quickly want to playback another, e. g. when I am searching for something. This makes it very quick and easy, hitting just "q" stops the playback, gets me back to explorer and I can quickly open another file, all without need for any doublekey shourtcuts or touching the mouse, or foobar re-launching. Quick, Ideal.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021