Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problems creating and using custom profiles (Read 2124 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems creating and using custom profiles

CUETools v2.1.9

Hello. I am trying to create custom profiles to better handle various artists discs. However, I can't create a profile that functions. I create a profile by naming it and exiting CUETools to save the profile. I then open CUETools and verify all the settings. Once done I try to use it on a set of FLAC files by selecting their existing .cue file but get an error, "Exception: unable to locate the audio files." I then re-browse to locate the .cue to make sure CUETools is looking at the proper .cue file, but again get the same error. However, if I use the built-in Convert profile and select the same .cue file CUETools finds the audio files and processes the files.

Another interesting anomaly is that when creating a custom profile, the "Audio Output" section stops functioning correctly. The "Audio File Format" pop-up menu becomes blank, as is the "Format" tab in settings, as reflected in the attached file.

Would someone please clue me in as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you.

Re: Problems creating and using custom profiles

Reply #1
Thanks for the report. I'm seeing the same thing. Most of the settings in the new profile settings file are missing.
As an alternate way to create your custom profile:
Copy/paste the profile-convert.txt settings file
delete the profile-VA_Conv.txt settings file (or whatever the profile was named)
rename the copy of profile-convert.txt to profile-VA_Conv.txt (or whatever the profile was named)
launch CUETools, setup your custom profile.
Setting changes are supposed to be saved when changing profiles or exiting.

settings files are in %appdata%\CUE Tools (or if running as portable in the \CUE Tools subfolder)
korth

Reply #2
Note to above post: A profile name must be referenced in the settings.text file to show up in the drop-down-list of available profiles. You cannot just create a profile-profilename.txt settings file and have that profilename show up on the list.

Issue submitted:
https://github.com/gchudov/cuetools.net/issues/113
korth

Reply #3
Note to above post: A profile name must be referenced in the settings.text file to show up in the drop-down-list of available profiles. You cannot just create a profile-profilename.txt settings file and have that profilename show up on the list.

Issue submitted:
https://github.com/gchudov/cuetools.net/issues/113

Thank you for your help, and the additional info on the settings.txt file.

I had hoped it was just me doing something stoopid.

Manually creating the profile as you suggested worked as expected.

I really wish CUETools handled various/multi-artist discs better. Even creating a custom profile is insufficient as it doesn't expose the %album artist% variable when displaying the tracks for editing, and I end up having to edit the resultant audio files and cue sheet manually.   :'(   If I can get up the momentum, I'll submit a suggestion in the appropriate section to enhance capabilities to better suit.

I actually just started using CUETools. I had seen reference to it for years, but didn't take the time to investigate it as I assumed it was simply another AccurateRip-capable ripping tool, and I have been perfectly happy with dBpoweramp for some 13 years.  :-)  I didn't know CUETools had the ability to verify already-ripped tracks, which is super cool!