Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Searching classical music. (Read 1053 times) previous topic - next topic

Searching classical music.

Understanding that I am one of the 1% that actually listens to classical music, I have a problem with the search sort.

I have arranged my library with a folder structure of composer -- album. That works just fine in mobile. But.... For each album, I have tags work -- title. Work is a custom tag. This is a disaster in mobile. Because mobile doesn't recognize Work, it sorts by title. So, on a baroque concerto album, I get a dozen "Allegro" followed by half a dozen "Largo". This because of the standard paradigm of Artist/Album/Song.

Is there any way to get mobile to recognize a custom tag "Work, or at least sort by Composer/Album/Track?

Re: Searching classical music.

Reply #1
It may not be ideal, but you could sort it by composer, then by album, and move your %work% information to the beginning of the %title% field.

If you have MP3Tag it's easily done. Click on "tag to tag" and define %title% as (%work% %title) (parentheses for clarity; don't type them). I don't know 100% whether it will let you replace the %title% information essentially with itself so this may not work -- but I see no reason it shouldn't.

Ideally you'd have organized your files this way from the start but with MP3Tag it should be quick and easy. Unless it's not.

Re: Searching classical music.

Reply #2
Sigh....

I have spend untold hours tagging my 1000+ album library to display composer/work/movement in the real FB2000. I am not going to spend a minute to retag everything so it will work on mobile. If I want to listen to something on my phone, I'll use YouTube. the YT search works the way classical music has to be sorted.

Thanks anyway.