Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A couple of questions about Foobar2000... (Read 4266 times) previous topic - next topic

A couple of questions about Foobar2000...

I have a couple of questions about foobar2000 that I was wondering if anybody knows.

1. Is this the best player to use for my LAME encoded VBR mp3 files? I have heard a lot of people say they really like using this, but I just wondered if this might be my best bet?

2. Does foobar2000 have any sort of equalizer presets that you can change, depending on what type of music you are playing? Sort of like the ones that Winamp and iTunes have.

Thanks.

Reply #1
I have a couple of questions about foobar2000 that I was wondering if anybody knows.

1. Is this the best player to use for my LAME encoded VBR mp3 files? I have heard a lot of people say they really like using this, but I just wondered if this might be my best bet?

2. Does foobar2000 have any sort of equalizer presets that you can change, depending on what type of music you are playing? Sort of like the ones that Winamp and iTunes have.

Thanks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289870"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1. what do you mean by best player? as far as playback quality is concerned it is on par with other similar players...
2. yes

Reply #2
1. what do you mean by best player? as far as playback quality is concerned it is on par with other similar players...
2. yes
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289881"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, I was talking about playback quality....

Also, how do you access the equalizer presets?? I'm a little confused as to how to do this....

Reply #3
i believe the playback quality is the same as any other player. you can add DSPs for different affects if you like. the equalizer is a DSP. i dont know if it comes with every foobar package (there's lite, special, normal), but i know it comes with special.

Reply #4
It's on par with other similar players but I'd say that gapless playback and replaygain are a plus!

Reply #5
And also, if ur songs is in unicoded, i would say this is the BEST player! As my mp3s are mostly Cinese mp3, this player is so far the best in a sense that u will only need to update the Chinese character once (or even unnecessary). U don't need any additional Chinese input software except that u need some config in 'Regional & Language'...
(  - . -)  -- ..  ... ... / ..- / --..-- / -. --. .- / -. --. .-