Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1346837 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_discogs

Reply #1125
"There were some errors. Look in foobar's console for details."

This is preventing me from tagging anything. Yes, I have 1.30. How do I fix this?

same here, but now it isn't doing it anymore for me. here's my previous console errors if anybody needs it.

Could not query file attributes for "D:\Music\Sort\Legowelt - Bayville Cove [2010] V0\temp-F475819E61DAD53F6856AF7DF849820C.tmp", reason: Object not found
Could not query file attributes for "D:\Music\Sort\Legowelt - Bayville Cove [2010] V0\temp-F475819E61DAD53F6856AF7DF849820C.tmp", reason: Object not found
Could not query file attributes for "D:\Music\Sort\[S.O.S.1] Legowelt - Moves For CeeCee (2011,Vinyl,V0)\temp-0693E519D0E728B2B98D2F904B32ABBE.tmp", reason: Object not found
Could not query file attributes for "D:\Music\Sort\[S.O.S.1] Legowelt - Moves For CeeCee (2011,Vinyl,V0)\temp-0693E519D0E728B2B98D2F904B32ABBE.tmp", reason: Object not found
foo_discogs: error: could not save url=http://s.dsimg.com/image/R-2852892-1305713873.jpeg, skipping...
foo_discogs: error: could not save url=http://s.dsimg.com/image/R-2569625-1293298867.jpeg, skipping...

it snags the cover.jpg now, but it's a blank file, nothing inside.

foo_discogs

Reply #1126
I always get an error report in the console:

foo_discogs: error: could not save url=http://s.dsimg.com/image/R-2020101-1294939250.jpeg, skipping...

and there is no saved .jpg album art picture.

I use foobar2000 ver. 1.1.7 and foo_discogs ver. 1.30

Is there any solution to the problem?

foo_discogs

Reply #1127
Same problem over here, image URL isn't working in Browser either.

foo_discogs

Reply #1128
All of a sudden it started working properly, saving tags, images. Everything is working properly, so I guess it was a problem from the discogs site...

foo_discogs

Reply #1130
Is it possible to get titles and cover art to show up automatically when I play a CD with foobar using this plugin? (Like some other media players do it.)

Nope, but you can use this fine plugin here (Biography View) and move over to the corresponding thread.

Interesting plugin, but not really what I was looking for. It seems to just grab some random images off of lastfm rather than the corresponding album art.
Maybe there would be a way to add an option to let foo_discogs download automatically for media in the playlist, or at least if it's playing a cd..?

foo_discogs

Reply #1132
Am I still the only one having troubles getting foo_discogs to work at all, I mean not getting any results at all.
The strange thing is that it works just fine when routing foobar requests through a proxy, either one in the local machine or one in a remote server. Any clue on this?
I tried to diagnose this but I run out of ideas, what could be stopping foo_discogs that is not active when setting up a proxy in foobar's network settings?

Just to be sure nothing in my network connection is interfering this is the captured network traffic for one discogs request:
Code: [Select]
GET /search?type=artists&q=Lila%20Downs HTTP/1.1
Host: api.discogs.com
Connection: close
Accept-Encoding: gzip
User-Agent: Opera/9.50
Accept: application/xml
Icy-MetaData:1

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Length: 292      
Content-Encoding: gzip
Reproxy-Status: yes
Content-Type: application/xml; charset=utf-8
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:16:36 GMT
Server: lighttpd
Connection: close

Same request sent through Firefox (minus the deleted auth cookies):
Code: [Select]
GET /search?type=artists&q=Lila%20Downs HTTP/1.1
Host: api.discogs.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:7.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
DNT: 1
Connection: keep-alive
Cookie: <snip>
Cache-Control: max-age=0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Length: 292      
Content-Encoding: gzip
Reproxy-Status: yes
Content-Type: application/xml; charset=utf-8
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:18:56 GMT
Server: lighttpd
Connection: keep-alive

I think everything looks right, can someone compare and confirm?

foo_discogs

Reply #1133
got this:

discogs error: release id=873626: no error

in case with other releases everything is fine
is there any suggestions ?
(foobar v 1.1.7 , foo_discogs v1.30)

foo_discogs

Reply #1134
discogs error: release id=2999470: XML parse error

1.1.7 / 1.30

foo_discogs

Reply #1136
when looking for releases for "sandman"  (artist), the plugin only shows artists(n) >10, so the artist, sandman (2) which exists in the discogs db is not shown.
Untick "exact matches" to see missing entries appear.

Hi bubbleguuum,
i've unticked as suggested, but it won't find the artist "jupiter (4)".

have a look at the screenshots, which show, that artists "jupiter (4)" is not in the list, but was found with the web-search:
http://www.discogs.com/search?type=all&...&btn=Search

foo_discogs

Reply #1137
@bubbleguuum:
doesn't foo_discogs parse "&quot;" code?

foo_discogs

Reply #1138
Thx for you plugin!

I also got the problem that some artists won't appear while searching (like mentionend above with Jupiter) but checking the website is no problem. What would be nice is that differences in tracklisting between local files and discogs are highlighted. Any chance of getting such a feature?

foo_discogs

Reply #1139
Is there a debug version or a way to make foo_discogs write a detailed log to be able to track down all these troubles?

foo_discogs

Reply #1140
This is the best companent plugin I have seen sofar to work with Discogs, "maybe the only one"

I'ts unbelievable fast and finds allmost everything which I am want to tag... there are some search difficulty's where
maybe in the near future is a solution for..

Now we can search by artits, are there options to create in a near future update where it's possible to search for:\

- Record label (example: Ruffneck Records) (results: all vinyl's found under the LABEL name via Discogs.
- Release ID/URL (example: ID: 88584) (results: show this as a result: http://www.discogs.com/Juggernaut-Ruffneck...-/release/88584 )
- Album name etc.

Maybe it's said already ? if so then sorry

Still love it but if this options belone to a future update it makes this component so much stronger for me to use and speed up the tagging process a
lot, I have to go true a 1500 vinyl record collection.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Regards,

Jeffrey

foo_discogs

Reply #1141
Hi,

If I use Tagging -> Discogs -> Write Tags the popup window Find Release opens
an Processing: Fetching artist list...  starts.

Now the artist appears in field Artist.

Processing: Fetching releases list.... starts to search but the field releases
always stays empty.

What i am doing wrong ?

In field releases Filter: the album is already written.

I use Discogs Tagger v. 1.30
and foobar2000 1.1.8

plz help

Peter
Warning: fb2k is addictive.

foo_discogs

Reply #1142
Now we can search by artits, are there options to create in a near future update where it's possible to search for:\

- Record label (example: Ruffneck Records) (results: all vinyl's found under the LABEL name via Discogs.
- Release ID/URL (example: ID: 88584) (results: show this as a result: http://www.discogs.com/Juggernaut-Ruffneck...-/release/88584 )
- Album name etc.

I'd love to be able to search by label, and maybe album name too, yes.

You can use discogs ID though. Just past it into the bottom-right field of the main dialog, and then hit the Next button!

foo_discogs

Reply #1143

- Album name etc.

I'd love to be able to search by label, and maybe album name too, yes.

You can use discogs ID though. Just past it into the bottom-right field of the main dialog, and then hit the Next button!

You can also paste the full release URL in this field.
Also you can double click artists and releases to open the related Discogs page in your browser.
There won't be alternate ways of searching implemented as I do not develop the plugin actively, except for fixing any
Discogs API change.

foo_discogs

Reply #1144
Hey, first off, I've just upgraded to 1.30, and it works fantastically! Thanks so much.

Just a question, not sure if Discogs API supports it, or if it's too much hard work, but when you have a release like this, with a track that is a "mash up" - two or more IDs, but one single track, the plugin reads the IDs for part a and part b of the same track as separate tracks - so, in this release, there are 31 tracks, but 32 IDs: Is there anyway to join part a and part b automatically?

Sorry if this has been covered before.

foo_discogs

Reply #1145
in this release, there are 31 tracks, but 32 IDs: Is there anyway to join part a and part b automatically?
i have this "issue" very often too, and i wonder how it could be solved.
would you mind to give us some ideas on how you would work on that?
i.e. how would you merge the information to a single one?

foo_discogs

Reply #1146
in this release, there are 31 tracks, but 32 IDs: Is there anyway to join part a and part b automatically?
i have this "issue" very often too, and i wonder how it could be solved.
would you mind to give us some ideas on how you would work on that?
i.e. how would you merge the information to a single one?

What I did was to Remove the second piece of information for the track with two IDs, then use the multi-disk options, so that the numbering was correct, then edit in the information myself.

I'm not sure how you'd change the plugin though - whether or not discogs gives you 1a 1b, or just the track information in order, and whether or not you'd be able to compile it automatically.

foo_discogs

Reply #1147
I'm not sure how you'd change the plugin though - whether or not discogs gives you 1a 1b, or just the track information in order, and whether or not you'd be able to compile it automatically.
i guess, we never get it automaticly to work. that said, it would be a nice feature to just edit/or sum up some of the mentioned informations inside the addon and not after tagging the files.

foo_discogs

Reply #1148
"find release" dialog don't get a focus back after first progress dialog is closed ("fetching artist list")

foo_discogs

Reply #1149
Release dialog is opened on the same display on which foobar is - not the one on which we put the "Find release" dialog -- it would be more convenient is the Release dialog followed "Find release" one (i.e. foobar2000 is playing on the side monitor, we want to tag an album while wanting to get better view of the search data so we place the dialog on the main monitor and after the search we have to repeat the steps for the Release dialog because it's opened on the side display.