Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Removing embedded album art in foobar (Read 30195 times) previous topic - next topic

Removing embedded album art in foobar

Reply #25
What version of foobar2000 are you using?

What version of tags were on the file before you wrote them?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #26
I had the problem with some MP3 files I downloaded.  What did I do?  Easy : there was a <BAND> tag in the metadata... remove it and the embedded picture is GONE.

I don't know if it's the case for all the embedded pictures in music though...
That sounds like a side-effect of rewriting the ID3v2 tag, possible with ID3v2.3 compatibility switched on, which would make foobar2000 remove all but a small number of "known-good" tag fields.

Reply #27
Any chance of having this implemented?

Reply #28
Yeah, I'd still love this feature.  This is the only reason I have mp3tag installed, and it'd be awesome if foobar could add this feature.

Reply #29
the method in the OP works fine?? ok, it takes a few clicks but it's more convenient than firing up another app.

and I also know it's possible to do it with foobar by copying tags, deleting all tags, and pasting the tags you want back into the files.

Reply #30
I would also like to add my support for this feature. It'd be nice if we could edit the embedded artwork of a song in the properties window, just like we can edit artist, title, etc.

Reply #31
I would also like to add my support for this feature. It'd be nice if we could edit the embedded artwork of a song in the properties window, just like we can edit artist, title, etc.

What is wrong with Tagging -> Edit attached pictures -> Remove?

EDIT: Also, this thread is a bit (too) old.