Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is this possible? (Read 3397 times) previous topic - next topic

Is this possible?

Is it possible that a Program compare the output of the Music and report back that some music is simlar? and possibly the same music? ( To find duplicated music. )

Is this possible?

Reply #1
Yes, it's possible, but it's not easy (at least if you want good accuracy).

IIRC, Fraunhofer is working on stuff that will allow this (in general, not so much with the application you have in mind).  I don't know the actual extent of its classification abilities though.

Is this possible?

Reply #2
So really there are no easy way to find duplicate music.

Some ripping can have +/- 1 or 2 sec sliences.... And there are many that i rip which are duplicate over many CDs..........

opps......... i forgot i could search for similar names........ "

Is this possible?

Reply #3
You could check MusicBrainz

Is this possible?

Reply #4
J.River Media Center have a similar Function to compare Audiotracks, it ist called YADB. Try it out.

Is this possible?

Reply #5
What about the mobile service that I've seen advertized on TV?
You call a number, hold the mobile up to the music and it'll record part of the song, search a DB and return you with the title of the song.
Isn't this exactly the same function that iwod was asking about?

Is this possible?

Reply #6
Some ripping can have +/- 1 or 2 sec sliences.... And there are many that i rip which are duplicate over many CDs..........

opps......... i forgot i could search for similar names........ "

If you have to wavs which only differ at the beginning or at the end
then you can use EAC's built-in wav-compare tool. It should tell you
whic one has missing samples.
Wanna buy a monkey?