Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ahead's CDSpeed won't work (Read 4764 times) previous topic - next topic

Ahead's CDSpeed won't work

Hello!

I am wondering if any other people experience this behaviour when using Ahead's CDSpeed in combination with LITE-ON LTR-52246S firmware F:

1. The length of the blank CDs is never displayed correctly.
2. The "Disc Info" dialog is always empty.
3. Overburn test never works, as the length of the CD is always reported as 00:00.
4. Creating DAE test CDs never works, as the length of the CD is always reported as 00:00.

Edit: I have tested CDSpeed with TDK, Verbatim, MMORE, Fuji, Tevion and Intenso CD-Rs.

Regards,
Sebastian Mares

Reply #1
Don't know if it helps, but there's a recent update:
http://www.cdspeed2000.com/
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #2
Try puting Ahead's ASPI in the same folder as CDSpeed.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Reply #3
3. Overburn test never works, as the length of the CD is always reported as 00:00.

Capacity test doesn't usually work with Mediatek chipsets.
http://www.feurio.com/English/Writerdb/Dat..._ltr52246s.html

It's not a problem with CDSpeed, but probably firmware.

Reply #4
@ sebastian

using Nero 5.5.10.54 with according Nero CD Speed and a LiteOn LTR52246S (FW 6S0F) as secondary master, I do not experience anything of what you mentioned.

Disc Info is displayed correctly
Overburning Test works etc. (just checked it out)

Maybe there is a need for a reinstall ...

EDIT: Even the FEURIO Database is not correct - capacity test works fine, too
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Reply #5
I have downloaded the latest version and it still won't work. I have my burner set as secondary master and I am running Windows 2000.
The weird thing is that everything worked before updating to firmware F (I am sure that nothing went wrong while updating, as the drive functions properly and other programs are able to return information about the disc (Alcohol 120%)).

Reply #6
Do you have "Ignore media type" enabled in "emulation"-window in alcohol120%?
If it is, disable it.

Alcohol does confuse Nero and other cd-related software, that's why I only start alcohol120% when I need, not with windows boot.

Reply #8
Take a close look at your system services ... maybe alcohol starts some service (hide cdr media) that isn't visible at the first look
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Reply #9
Oh, by the way... I just checked the "Emulation" options and "Ignore Media Type" is unchecked.

Anyway, updating the ASPI drivers solved everything. I thought CDSpeed uses the native Windows 2000 drivers.

Edit: Feurio IS wrong - CDSpeed reports my high capacity TDK CD-R as 91:01.48.

Reply #10
Same here.
I can do the capacity test with Feurio using STPI (DeviceIoControl)  interface, but not with ASPI drivers (4.60 1021).