Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: feature request/question: context menu (Read 1627 times) previous topic - next topic

feature request/question: context menu

i have a feature request slash question, depending on whether this has been answered before or not:

i am currently still using foobar 0.9.6.9, at this point SOLELY for the reason that it is one of the last (THE last to my knowledge) version that supported customizable context menus. now, i realize that it seems stupid to the untrained observer, but i have grown to love my customization of the context menu and adamantly defend the importance of that feature - hence this post.
my question/request: has it been ruled out as a possible feature in the future (since it was removed as a feature once already) or is there a possibility it might be implemented any time soon? i am missing out greatly on all the new features and improvements but i dont want to give up my personal context menu.

p.s. pls dont flame me. also, i used the search engine.

Reply #1
It's not coming back.

The reason user-sorting that it was ever enabled to begin with was something of a technicality, but since that has been worked around, the current context menu provides a much better out of the box experience.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
@shakey_snake

i still dont understand why not leave in the option.. i mean you can have out-of-the-box-sorted menus, but leave the option, no?

Reply #3
It's not coming back.

The reason user-sorting that it was ever enabled to begin with was something of a technicality, but since that has been worked around, the current context menu provides a much better out of the box experience.

But the beauty of foobar2000 is that it's not supposed to be an "out of the box experience" but a highly customized experience.