Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Incorporating Album Art into my playlist using the Default Interface (Read 4281 times) previous topic - next topic

Incorporating Album Art into my playlist using the Default Interface

I prefer using the Default Interface; perhaps because I'm more comfortable than it than I am with columns. 

I tried searching around google and whatnot, but couldn't find myself a clear answer. 

1) Is there an album art finder for foobar that can easily get me album art?
2) Can I have the said album art displayed next to the album IN THE PLAYLIST, kinda like you can do in windows media player?

Reply #1
To get your artwork you can use Album Art Downloader and as for displaying the artwork AFAIK you can't you need to use columns ui and NGPlaylist or ELPlaylist to get that.

Reply #2
The default user interface certainly includes a artwork viewer for display.

EDIT: my bad, you will not be able to view art IN the playlist
terry

Reply #3
thanks.

Another question.  I use to use Winamp, and would use that album art finder.  It would save a jpg in the folder that was usually <album title>.jpg

Foobar doesn't display these as album art.  It has to be cover.jpg.  Anyway I can work with that??

Reply #4
In the Default interface, Nope.

However, there are options other than cover.jpg At least the following,

Front
Back
Disc
Artist

terry

Reply #5
Foobar doesn't display these as album art. It has to be cover.jpg. Anyway I can work with that??

You can do this with foo_covers.

And, if you want images in playlist, switch to ColumnsUI (and in this case you even don't need foo_covers).

Reply #6
thanks for correction.

terry