Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to pass output to 3rd party utility via pipe? (Read 3129 times) previous topic - next topic

How to pass output to 3rd party utility via pipe?

Hello,

need a specific task: pass decoded copntent of all tracks of playlist in Windows PCM format to a 3rd party utility (auCDtect.exe), either piped or via temporary WAV files.
I was playing with run services addon for a while but can't setup it to do so.
Also I need the output from the 3rd party utility to be captured some way and shown at finish, since it is a console application. At best to foobar2000 console..

If anybody knows howto do this pls. let me know..

Reply #2
Just for your concrete case: fooCDtect exists!

Reply #3
thank U guys, now it seems aucdtect works under foobar2000.

I have two issues thopugh:

Some tracks are identified as MPEG, although the rest is identified as CDDA with 100% hit, and moreover log file is present so it is most probable this track was taken from original CD too. I never got the MPEG issue with Audiochecker (maybe its due I didnot use audiochecker too much)

Could I disable the fake output playlist opened after check somehow (remember, just for this kind of "conversion". I need the output windows otherwise)

Reply #4
Use tools like Sonic Visualizer to visualize the audio material, perhaps you make a more educated guess. Remember that it's always possible that even the original creator used MPEG-compressed samples.