Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Listening test dead links (Read 3494 times) previous topic - next topic

Listening test dead links

Hi,
I wanted to have a look at the lastest multiformat listening tests including mp3 in the wiki but all the links are dead. I desperately need to refute bogus arguments about a mp3 VS Vorbis argument in the 128 bps range (-V5 or -V6) and it's frustrating to have no data about it.
Reference : http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...ltiformat_Tests

Is there another not too old listening test?
Stupidity is root of all evil.

Reply #2
Thank you so much.
It would be nice if the wiki could be updated. I am not a validated wiki user and therefore cannot modify the page.
Stupidity is root of all evil.

Reply #3
The thing is that Garf offered to host a mirror of the old site here on Hydrogenaudio as subdomain which would be great since the majority of the visitors are HA readers. Unfortunately, this didn't happen so far. I can either use the mirror that a user was kind enough to create, but it has pop-ups or other kinds of advertisement. I would also like to avoid having to change links in the wiki every few weeks.

Reply #5
Ah, awesome! Thanks!

Edit 1: I will update the links ASAP. My problem is that I forgot my wiki login details and apparently also didn't update my mail address. D'oh...

Edit 2: Updated links. Just noticed that I sent Garf a version of the site with the old mail address "mail@listening-tests.info". That address obviously doesn't work.