Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Anyone from Oracle could you give me a favor? (Read 1772 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone from Oracle could you give me a favor?

It seems Windows Java runtime limits bits depth to 16 when actual underline sound system can support 24 or even 32.

Linux JDK doesn't have the problem although limits can be extended there too.

So if you have access to codebase and generally have authority to create a ticket and change the code, please do it as below:

File PLATFORM_API_WinOS_DirectSound.cpp

Line as
static INT32 bitsArray[] = { 8, 16};

Change to:
static INT32 bitsArray[] = { 8, 16, 20, 24, 32};

I assume you can apply changes only toward version 8, since 7 is currently on code freeze and only security patches can be applied.

Regarding Linux. Here is another file: PLATFORM_API_LinuxOS_ALSA_PCM.c
It restricts bits depth to 24. Yes, Linux version is more advance. However making it 32 could be nice too. I am not sure about change here. Certainly
#define MAX_BIT_INDEX 6
should be increased to 8, but it looks like some more changes need to be applied. Keep the change as lower priority. And you can go back to me if you need more details.