Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: biography view : timeout error (Read 2055 times) previous topic - next topic

biography view : timeout error

I have been using foo_uie_biography for several months now and since day one I would say about 50% of the time I get a blank biography view element and sometimes--but not every time--the above error in the console.  Sometimes it's just a blank Bio View element with no corresponding message in the console.  I have used both LastFM and Wikipedia as the main bio server and it doesn't seem to matter.

I have also used both NOD32 and Avira Antivir and it happened with both of those AVs with WIndows 7 firewall throughout.  This error is highly non-reproducible--I can go for a week or two without any problems and other times it won't work for days on end.  I realize how horribly vague all of this is, but if anyone has an idea/suggestion, I would greatly appreciated it.

biography view : timeout error

Reply #1
http://status.last.fm/ last.fm seems to be having problem ATM, I don't know if it causes biography panel any trouble but my wsh scripts I use to load last.fm biography only work for the text part, not the artist art.