Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cue Tools 2.2.3 Not working at all (Read 1033 times) previous topic - next topic

Cue Tools 2.2.3 Not working at all

I have not used Cue Tools in quite a few years as I have been focused on building my movie library in emby but now I am working on re-organizing my music collection to be compliant and once again I need my trusted friend Cue Tools.

I have tried to convert several images to tracks and it doesn't matter what type they are, APE or FLAC, I keep getting an exception error that says the audio type is unsupported.

I am now sure if I have done something wrong when installing Cue Tools as I thought it was just unzip to a folder and use it but it has been so long since I have messed with this software I don't know.

Any ideas?

Re: Cue Tools 2.2.3 Not working at all

Reply #2
The problem is not one of Cue Tools but of Windows 10, I kept using the built in zip archive tool to extract and it didn't work.  I installed WinZip and used it to extract the files so not it will open the image file but when I try to execute the conversion I now get the error Exception flac.exe file not found.  

I don't know what to do now.  This program has always been rock solid until now

Reply #3
I followed those instruction....I unblocked the archive before unpacking it and like I just posted....it opens and image but it won't execute because it can't find the flac.exe....and neither can I so what is going on here?  Do I have to install all the executables myself now?

Reply #4
External encoders (exe files) are not included. You will need to download flac.exe if you want to use that instead of the built-in libFLAC.
korth

Reply #5
User error.....I wanted my old Cue Tools database since it has tons of releases in it that I have customized and I am redoing my collection so I didn't want to have to manually edit the tags once again and I made the mistake of copying over the entire AppData folder with other items inside.  Once I deleted all except the database it works fine now.