Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CueTools 2.x.x Main Window opens located Off All Monitors (Read 1141 times) previous topic - next topic

CueTools 2.x.x Main Window opens located Off All Monitors

I've been a CUETools User for over a year - used to expand over 400 Archives - starting with v2.1.7 (through current v2.2.0).

On my main PC, which has 2x Monitors off a 3050 (Primary 4K, 2nd FullHD), I regularly encounter an issue upon Program Startup:
CUETools Main Window is located Outside the Coordinates of EITHER Desktop.  TaskManager and Alt-Tab confirm CUETools is Running but App Window is NOT Displayed on either Monitor.  The CUETools Main Window is NOT simply hidden behind another App Window, as I have searched via Minimize-All and by manually minimizing each running App Window.  And CUETools will exhibit this same behavior if it is the ONLY Program running.
If I terminate and Start-up CUETools enough times (usually more than 10 attempts) it will eventually Open somewhere visible on one of the Monitors.
Once I have CUETools running and visible on the visible Desktop, I can resize and relocate the window at-will with expected results.

If I change my Display in Windows Settings such that ONLY the 1920x1080 FullHD Monitor is Active, then CUETools will reliably start-up in a Visible Location on that Monitor.  Under any of the other 3x combinations of Active Monitors, there seems about a 80-90% chance that CUETools will Open outside the Screen Area displayed across the Monitors.

Neither CUERipper nor Foobar2000 exhibit this behavior - both are also in regular use.

I don't have any 3rd-party Virtual Desktop Managers installed, so Desktop Management is all Microsoft Windows 10 21H2.

If CUETools has the functionality to produce a Debug Log, I can work to supply one, else the above is the extent of my Debugging Contributions.

I'd really - REALLY - like to be able to trust that each start-up of CUETools would result in the Main Window being located where I can use it.

Re: CueTools 2.x.x Main Window opens located Off All Monitors

Reply #1
As a workaround, are you able to right-click on the taskbar button of CueTools, select Move, and then pull the window into view using arrow keys and then mouse movement?