Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to encode raw PCM to wma in Android (Read 12395 times) previous topic - next topic

How to encode raw PCM to wma in Android

How can I encode raw PCM data to wma in real-time. The audio comes from android phone's microphone using AudioRecord. Is there a encoder library available to do this?

Re: How to encode raw PCM to wma in Android

Reply #1
FFmpeg includes WMAv1 and WMAv2 encoders. They may even be able to work in real time on your Android device.

Reply #2
AFAIK their quality is still quite low.

Reply #4
FFmpeg includes WMAv1 and WMAv2 encoders. They may even be able to work in real time on your Android device.

I can convert files and concatenate files but I do not know how to do real time encoding with FFMPEG.

Reply #7

I can convert files and concatenate files but I do not know how to do real time encoding with FFMPEG.

Real time encoding is the same as converting a file, just you provide the data one buffer as a time as it is recorded. 

Reply #8
What is the end application that requires wma?
A voice recorder app that lets users record audio in different file formats.
I know what you want, the question is why you want it.

Reply #9
What is the end application that requires wma?
A voice recorder app that lets users record audio in different file formats.
I know what you want, the question is why you want it.
I want it because other applications that my app would be in competition with gives this feature.

Reply #10
I'm really surprised anyone would want that on Android. The format has been dead for many years now, and is not even supported on most phones.  If you want to encode it anyway, I think ffmpeg is your only option.