Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CDex and Flac 1.3.0 (Read 4792 times) previous topic - next topic

CDex and Flac 1.3.0

Hello
      I'm using CDex (v1.7 beta4) for ripping my musical CDs (OS= XPsp3). CDex 1.7 b4 has a native Flac encoder (flac1.1.2) and I'd like to upgrade it to version 1.3.0.
I found (on rarewares) this libFlac_dynamic.dll (v1.3.0 for win32) but if I put it in CDex folder (as I usually did to upgrade any encoder .dll - e.g. lame for pm3) it is not recognized and it do not appears in the encoders list. Also, if I rename it deleting "_dynamic" (so the name is just the same as the original Flac.dll) CDex simply crash! I solved the problem running Flac.exe (v1.3.0 downloaded via rarewares too) as a "external encoder"; it works fine but still I'd like to run it as "internal" Flac upgrading the old encoder. Mine is just a theoretical problem but I'll be really obliged to anyone explaining me why I cannot simply take the new .dll and put it in CDex folder or how can I do it for CDex to work properly.
Thanks
Best Regards
Albert

CDex and Flac 1.3.0

Reply #1
Works here. My guess is that your CPU doesn't support SSE2 (Pentium III or Athlon XP) and new libFlac_dynamic.dll was compiled with SSE2 support. Doesn't work really.

It seems that CDex is only compatible with LibFLAC 1.1.2 but not newer. Use command-line encoder if you want newer version.

CDex and Flac 1.3.0

Reply #2

It seems that CDex is only compatible with LibFLAC 1.1.2 but not newer. Use command-line encoder if you want newer version.
[/quote]

Thank you for your answer. I can use the newer version through CDex "external encoder" addressing it to Flac.exe located in my "Flac-1.3.0" folder.
Best regards
Albert