Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Bug in perform_jump" / jump-time (Read 3590 times) previous topic - next topic

"Bug in perform_jump" / jump-time

First of all: I could not reproduce the following error message, but maybe someone can shed some light on it, nevertheless:
I was scrolling through a 45-min mpc file with the cursor keys (on the keyboard) in Winamp, when suddenly the message "Bug in perform_jump" popped up. The time displayed changed to a ridiculous value and Winamp chrashed after clicking the button.

Another thing: Sometimes when I jump to a later position in a large MPC file (this time using the position bar), playback is interrupted for a very long time (up to 10 seconds!) ???

Any ideas?

Reply #1
Originally posted by Continuum
First of all: I could not reproduce the following error message, but maybe someone can shed some light on it, nevertheless:
I was scrolling through a 45-min mpc file with the cursor keys (on the keyboard) in Winamp, when suddenly the message "Bug in perform_jump" popped up. The time displayed changed to a ridiculous value and Winamp chrashed after clicking the button.

Which version of the plugin were you using? Anyway, this is new to me. This should only happen when seeking in corrupted file.

Another thing: Sometimes when I jump to a later position in a large MPC file (this time using the position bar), playback is interrupted for a very long time (up to 10 seconds!) ???

It takes some time to seek, plugin needs to perform quite a lot of decoding. Situation should be better in SV8.

Reply #2
Which version of the plugin were you using? Anyway, this is new to me. This should only happen when seeking in corrupted file.
Version is 0.94 according to the Winamp plugin list. The file (in_mpc.dll) is dated 2002-05-31.
The sound file seems okay to me (i.e. I could play the end of it), but I haven't listened to the whole file yet. I'll try to decode it with the command line mppdec. (Is there an option to check the integrity of the file?)

Reply #3
Originally posted by Continuum
Version is 0.94 according to the Winamp plugin list. The file (in_mpc.dll) is dated 2002-05-31.

I suggest downloading 0.95c, I have fixed some minor bugs, and it's possible this won't happen with it anymore. But if you manage to reproduce the bug I'd like to hear about it.
The sound file seems okay to me (i.e. I could play the end of it), but I haven't listened to the whole file yet. I'll try to decode it with the command line mppdec. (Is there an option to check the integrity of the file?)

Fastest way is probably using command mppdec file.mpc /dev/null. This will decode with maximum speed and report any errors.

Reply #4
I just decoded the file with mppdec: no errors reported.

I noticed that this file has a .cue-file as well, but mp3cue wasn't enabled; and the error message comes from MPC.

I'll do some further tests in time, thanks for your help!