Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tool for detecting transcoded mp3's (Read 9999 times) previous topic - next topic

Tool for detecting transcoded mp3's

Reply #25
That's the worst part about MP3. That there actually are people out there who would transcode from 128 to 320. 

well, my concern are not those 'Newbie’s' rather the faking communities...they tell you how to create fake mp3 files...I think so far they just include loops and stuff so it is easy to tell whether it is a fake or not, but what if they just transcode their files? I mean it even takes a while before all those 'obvious fake files' are gone...but what if it is not obvious to everybody that file has been transcoded???

Could some of your guys check out my thread: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....=ST&f=16&t=6738
There are 2 short samples that seem to have a bad quality...but I'm not perfectly sure about that...
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'