I'm seeking assistance with finding and setting up a media player software that could pass-through compressed audio formats (such as AC3 and DTS) without decoding it, to a Yellowtec PUC Lite Digital-to-Digital Converter (DDC) connected to my computer via USB. I'm getting the audio stream from the AES3 out of the DDC.
I hope this is not a duplicata of another topic, I couldn't find any help regarding this specific issue I'm facing.
The Yellowtec PUC Lite I'm using comes with an ASIO driver. I've tried it already with several media player software without success
I managed to make it work perfectly with PCM audio, my issue here is only transmitting compressed audio formats without decoding it before.
Here are the details of my setup:
- Yellowtec PUC Lite DDC connected via USB to my computer (USB IN) with AES3 OUT.
- ASIO driver installed for the Yellowtec PUC Lite.
- Windows operating system (Windows 10 Professional).
And the Media player softwares I've tried so far :
- foobar2000 : I've found quickly that even if passthrough is perfect for PCM audio with ASIO (or WASAPI even), the foobar2000 keeps decoding my AC3 or DTS files, which is not filling my needs
- VLC Media player : I tried with WASAPI and DirectX (since no ASIO was available), and I don't have any audio out of my DDC
- Media Player Classic (MPC-HC) : with additions of LAV Audio Decoder for bitstreaming, couldn't make it work neither
- KODI : used an MKV with AC3 audio for this one, but I couldn't passthrough to my DDC, it had to be the default speaker
- Winyl : can't load AC3 or DTS natively, I assumed any extensions would recreate the behavior of foobar2000 of decoding the compressed audio before doing a passthrough
- JRiver : I've read here (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jriver-media-center-21-ready-to-go.780652/page-6) that JRiver doesn't do passthrough so did not try too much with this one
Any advice or recommendations on media player software or alternative solutions that can accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your help!