Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: NOT ENOUGH SYSTEM RESOURCES AVAILABLE (Read 815 times) previous topic - next topic

NOT ENOUGH SYSTEM RESOURCES AVAILABLE

FOOBAR 2000 is great, but suddenly I get the message "not enough system resources available". I've gone through and deleted any seldom used playlists but the message persists. If I download a track, Foobar is my default but the message pops up.
What has happened and what do I do to get Foobar to play? Please?

Re: NOT ENOUGH SYSTEM RESOURCES AVAILABLE

Reply #1
As a first step, I would suggest reinstalling Foobar in case any config files have been corrupted or there is a clash of plugins.

Have you had any system instability recently, or equivalent errors in other programs? I have encountered system errors of this sort in the past: I found they were caused by a stick of RAM becoming faulty, and on another occasion, my boot drive had begun to fail. Might be worth running some diagnostic tests to exclude hardware issues of this sort.