Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Any idea why Playback Statistics SQL won't create database file anymore? (Read 2008 times) previous topic - next topic

Any idea why Playback Statistics SQL won't create database file anymore?

Hey :).

I'm using the latest version of foo_playcount_sql using a portable edition of Foobar. This plugin creates a SQL CE database (SDF extension) for storing playback statistics. I wanted to reset the database so I moved the old one out of the program's folder. Unfortunately no new database is created, even after removing/restoring the component. No errors either. I'm on Windows 10, latest.

Re: Any idea why Playback Statistics SQL won't create database file anymore?

Reply #1
Bump? :)

Reply #2
The database is not likely to be in the program's folder, unless you're using a portable installation.

Reply #3
Hey there,

I have no idea, but does the SQL version not have a built-in 'Reset Statistics' menu option? (same as foo_playcount)

Reply #4
The database is not likely to be in the program's folder, unless you're using a portable installation.

Hey :). Thank you for answering. I am, actually, using a portable installation :).

@anamorphic: a bit too late for that now. I don't have a database anymore :). And no, I can't find such an option anyway.

Well, I guess one option would be to install a SQL lite program and wipe the database...

Reply #5
Unfortunately no new database is created, even after removing/restoring the component.
Hey there,

Long shot idea: Does foo_playcount_sql keep a config file (.cfg) in the %installpath%\configuration folder? When you remove a component, foobar usually keeps the .cfg file, so if you reinstall, it uses the old, possibly glitched settings. To do a completely fresh component re-install you need to also manually delete the old config file, if there is one. Possibly in this case the config file might be linked to the database file, referencing a specific file ID (who knows for sure :-\ )